Recent Gallery Images

cleaned for winter

Views: 53
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: bolt torque settings  (Read 2263 times)

Offline buildnboy

• Crossrunner Junior
  • what a ride
    • View Profile
  • Bike: crossrunner
  • City / Town: auckland howick
bolt torque settings
« on: December 20, 2011, 08:47:12 AM »
In pursuit of the continuing saga of lowering my xrunner Matisse parts finally arrived and very impressed with package contents and thoroughly recommend the company, kit includes a longer bracket for moving the horn, have not looked at the job in depth as yet but instructions dictate that i raise the front forks 25 mm i.e. drop the yoke.My budding question is on torque settings for the front shock/yoke mounts and the rear suspension dogbone/triangle links of which all need to be re adjusted when replacing with the Matisse links on another also new to me for xmas is a centre stand again ill be fitting and probably adjusting in height when the lowering links are installed not to mention the side stand ,on order is the Soupys adjustable stand to complete the deal,keen to post pics when done (this time sporting washed and polished bike... proudly displayed) :158:  ANYWHO ANY IMPUT REGARDING THE BOLT TIGHTENING TORQUE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED Still searching the web on shop manual download ...Keep up the great job with the site... Xmas Cheers to all :046:
hi to the crossrunner world

Offline maxincuk

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Swanley
Re: bolt torque settings
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 10:07:29 AM »
I too am looking for a workshop manual but apparently Honda haven't released one yet for the public, only the online manual available to dealers.

Perhaps a generic torque chart could be used as a guidance like this one here: http://www.engineersedge.com/torque_table_sae.htm

Shaunomercy

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 04:29:00 PM »
If you look for a vfr vtec  vfr800f manual, 2002>present  the settings are in there.

Paul

Offline buildnboy

• Crossrunner Junior
  • what a ride
    • View Profile
  • Bike: crossrunner
  • City / Town: auckland howick
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 06:44:59 AM »
Many thanks guys your support it is well appreciated  :152:
hi to the crossrunner world

Shaunomercy

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 01:08:11 PM »
The only differences in real world terms between the vfr800vtec and the crossrunner is bodywork.  Thats covered in owners manual how to remove.   The haynes manual for the vtec will cover all stripping and maintenance etc etc.  The only possible  difference I can think, maybe is how the starter valves / throttle bodies are synced.

All bolt torque settings will be the same as vtec800f.

Paul