Recent Gallery Images

From Turkiye

Views: 106
Posted by: forallende
in: Members Albums

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hi from West London  (Read 2026 times)

Offline mrvelcrofast

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: VFR800X,VFR750FV
  • City / Town: London
Hi from West London
« on: December 22, 2011, 09:00:53 PM »
Just signed up on here ... want to find out all about the Crossrunner.
I've been a courier on my 1997 VFR750FV for the past 2 years covering 125'000 miles and it's still purring beautifully :)
Just got a new job with a new company, still on a bike, but it's one they've supplied (Yamaha 660z Tenere).
I'm hoping to get them to invest in a new bike next year, as the Tenere feels like it's struggling to cope (single cylinder 45hp!).
Cheers
Bailey.

Shaunomercy

Re: Hi from West London
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 09:39:59 PM »
The crossrunner would make an xlnt courier stead except for 1 detail.  the 16k valve n shim check.  if your not paying for it with the mileage you do then id recommend it.
After all, the crossrunner is bar the plastics a vfr 800... probably the best sport tourer ever made.  only differences are its grown up.  a nice sit up riding position and a far stronger midrange than the vfr vtec
As you had the 750 you won't find foot pegs wrongly placed.  my previous bike was the vfr vtec.  the crossrunner is better in every respect.

Paul

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Offline mrvelcrofast

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: VFR800X,VFR750FV
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 09:52:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shaunomercy [+]
The crossrunner would make an xlnt courier stead except for 1 detail.  the 16k valve n shim check.  if your not paying for it with the mileage you do then id recommend it.
After all, the crossrunner is bar the plastics a vfr 800... probably the best sport tourer ever made.  only differences are its grown up.  a nice sit up riding position and a far stronger midrange than the vfr vtec
As you had the 750 you won't find foot pegs wrongly placed.  my previous bike was the vfr vtec.  the crossrunner is better in every respect.

Paul

Hi Paul, no I don't pay for anything on the bike. Is it just a time consuming job because of removing body work etc. I've never needed to change any shims on my 750. Amazingly reliable.
Is the service interval still 8k miles?

Shaunomercy

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 10:03:07 PM »
Yep service is still 8k but the 16k... Big big job.  because engine is quad cam and has vtec the Cams have to come out twice and sometimes 3 times to make sure all shim are in tolerances when reassembled.
Still when you have something as exotic as a quad cam v4 then you don't mind the cost quite so much.  having said that people have not done shims and bikes not blown up at 100k
The vtec works a treat. Seamless change from 8 valves to 16.  gives benefit of being torquey low down and excitement when all 16 are operating.
Paul

Shaunomercy

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 10:04:45 PM »
Go test ride one and tell us your thoughts if you don't mind.
Cheers
Paul

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 11:04:25 PM »
Hi  mrvelcrofast :400: I'm sure we would all be interested to know your opinion  as a professional rider of the crossrunner
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Offline Ruhri

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda Crosrunner
  • City / Town: Essen
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 01:56:12 PM »
Hi Bailey,

welcome :400:.

"I've been a courier on my 1997 VFR750FV for the past 2 years covering 125'000 miles and it's still purring beautifully :)"

Yep, I agree.It was my second bike and my first fast one,when I was 24 years old.I had it in red...but I was young and want fly  :007:

so Fireblade and Blackbird followed.

Greetings and merry X-mas from Germany

Guido