Author Chain oiler Cobrra Nemo 2  (Read 8259 times)

• Offline Heiko

• Crossrunner Junior  ‐    4
    • Topic Author

Offline Heiko

• Crossrunner Junior
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: VFR800X
    • City / Town: Bonn
    Chain oiler Cobrra Nemo 2
    on: November 13, 2016, 08:39:23 am
    November 13, 2016, 08:39:23 am
    Hi there,

I am veteran biker and I recently purchased a new VFR800X (RC80). To minimize any hassle with the chain I wanted a chain oiler. On previous bikes I had the Scottoiler installed, both V and E-system but I wanted to try something else. I chose a Cobrra Nemo 2 (no spelling error!) and now I want to share my experience with you.

I found the the Cobrra Nemo 2 attractive for several reasons: price below EUR 100.-, simple operation, no interference with the bike's electrical or other systems, chain will be oiled at driver's discretion, use of ordinary gearbox oil. For details on how it works please check the manufacturer's page (http://www.cobrra.sk/en/nemo-2-device-lubrication-motorbike-and-quad-chains)

The Nemo 2 basically consists of three parts: the oil reservoir, the hose and a "rectifier" to position the hose near the chain/chain wheel. Installing the oil reservoir at the right side of the handle bar and finding some duct for the hose was easy. The rectifier gave me some headache. The best place seemed to be on the inside and below of the chain wheel cover, but there was no room for a cable tie. The adhesive strip that came with the Nemo 2 did not hold the rectifier in place and it fell off after some riding (fortunately I did not lose it, because it was attached to the hose). Next thing was trying  to glue the rectifier to the chain wheel cover but ordinary glue did no do the job because the chain wheel cover is made of polypropylene. Then I tried a special glue (Pattex Plastix) and that seems to do the job. In addition I drilled a hole through rectifier and chain wheel cover and added a screw, just in case the glue gives up some day.

So far I am happy with this solution. The chain is nicely oiled and always clean, the wheel rim is not soiled by oil or grease, and the whole system . I am attaching some fotos of the result. I will let you know if I find a reason not to recommed the oiler any more.

By the way: the manufacturer was very helpful and assisted with ideas and his opinions.

• Offline JohnG

• Crossrunner Pro  ‐    120

Offline JohnG

• Crossrunner Pro
    • Bike: '16 VFR800XF
    • City / Town: Weston-sup-Mare
    Re: Chain oiler Cobrra Nemo 2
    Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 03:55:40 pm
    December 05, 2016, 03:55:40 pm
    Hello Heiko,

After reading your Post, I ordered a Cobrra Nemo-2 Chain Oiler direct from the Factory in Slovakia as they do not have a UK Agent. The kit of parts arrived this morning so I have spent much of today fitting it to my '15 Crossrunner. The quality of the parts is very high and their Export Manager has been very helpful with this direct purchase. However I would also like to thank you for uploading the photo's showing how you needed to drill and use a nut and bolt to fix the Channel shaped piece at the outlet end that the oil pipe fixes to, as these helped to save me time from working it out for myself.

• Offline Heiko

• Crossrunner Junior  ‐    4
    • Topic Author

Offline Heiko

• Crossrunner Junior
    • Topic Author
    • City / Town: Bonn
    Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 05:21:59 pm
    December 05, 2016, 05:21:59 pm
    *Originally Posted by JohnG [+]
    Hello Heiko,

After reading your Post, I ordered a Cobrra Nemo-2 Chain Oiler direct from the Factory in Slovakia as they do not have a UK Agent. The kit of parts arrived this morning so I have spent much of today fitting it to my '15 Crossrunner. The quality of the parts is very high and their Export Manager has been very helpful with this direct purchase. However I would also like to thank you for uploading the photo's showing how you needed to drill and use a nut and bolt to fix the Channel shaped piece at the outlet end that the oil pipe fixes to, as these helped to save me time from working it out for myself.

Hello John,

I am glad to learn that my post was helpful.

Best regards,

Heiko

• Offline JohnG

Offline JohnG

• Crossrunner Pro
    Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 08:29:47 am
    December 09, 2016, 08:29:47 am
    Hello Heiko,

I too am a "Veteran / Older" Biker :-)  and as said before, I have been very pleased with the Nema-2 Chain Oiler that is now fitted to my Crossrunner. This being to the extent that I have today ordered a second unit to go on my Honda Blackbird.

Thanks again for posting and giving contact details of Cobrra.

Regards,

John.

Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 08:34:06 am by JohnG

• Offline Andy17

• Crossrunner Member  ‐    38

Offline Andy17

• Crossrunner Member
    • City / Town: Derby
    Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 07:01:06 pm
    March 12, 2017, 07:01:06 pm
    Hi All,
    I understand that Ride magazine have printed this months issue with an article on the CR.
    Amongst the items mentioned is the use of the Nemo chain oiler.
    I have not heard of this chain oiler before so checked the forum and came across this post.
    My intention is to order one next week.
    Just one question though. The item that needs to be drilled, is that the short section of chain guard that sits between the chain and swingarm?

Thanks,

Andy
    Cogito; Ergo sum. Doesn't explain why I have owned so many bikes though. Addictive, just like crack but more expensive ;-)

• Offline Andy17

Offline Andy17

• Crossrunner Member
    Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 07:08:59 pm
    March 12, 2017, 07:08:59 pm
    PS - I note that there is a UK distributor for these systems - what do they cost? No prices on line?
    Cogito; Ergo sum. Doesn't explain why I have owned so many bikes though. Addictive, just like crack but more expensive ;-)

• Offline JohnG

Offline JohnG

• Crossrunner Pro
    Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 07:31:11 pm
    March 12, 2017, 07:31:11 pm

When I filled in the Questionaire for Ride, I told them about the Nemo-2 Oiler as I had seen the Post on here about them. When I checked Cobrra's web site I found there wasn't a UK distributor so contacted their Export Manager Jozef Hudek (hudek@cobrra.sk) who allowed me to buy one direct from the Factory, paying via PayPal. The price was 110 Euro's including delivery and took about one week to be delivered. I was so pleased with it that I ordered a second one for my Blackbird. The price in Pounds changed slightly due to currency fluctuations but was around £95.00 each.

It was a little bit of a game setting up as the mounting for the oil discharge end wasn't as neat as I wanted, but pleased with the end result. If you do buy one get in touch and I will let you know how I got everything fitted how I wanted. It is ecconomic with oil and none gets thrown onto the wheel. Overall I'm pleased with both installations.

• Offline Andy17

Offline Andy17

• Crossrunner Member
    Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 08:29:44 pm
    March 12, 2017, 08:29:44 pm
    Hi John,

There is now a UK distributor in Warrington and I will be placing an order tomorrow. If all goes well and I like the unit I will buy one for my Bonneville too.

Any information or help you can offer will be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Andy

• Offline JohnG

Offline JohnG

• Crossrunner Pro
    Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 09:19:44 pm
    March 12, 2017, 09:19:44 pm

Hi Andy, sounds good. I only bought mine in December '16 so they have moved on since then. If you want, feel free to PM me and we can either discuss by email with photo's of my set-ups or over the phone. Whatever works out best for you. I'm retired so almost always available. John.

• Offline Skids   gb

• Crossrunner Master  ‐    1665

Offline Skids

• Crossrunner Master
    • Bike: 2018 800X
    • City / Town: Hitchin
    Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 01:31:13 pm
    January 02, 2018, 01:31:13 pm
    Got around to fitting my Cobrra Nemo 2 today.

Took all morning but would probably have taken longer but for Heiko's original post and the pictures which helped tremendously.

I start commuting back to work on the bike on Thursday so I'll see how it goes then.
    98 VFR800 - 130,000 miles, 08 VFR800 - 76,000 miles, 15 VFR800X - 44,000 miles (all sold)
    14 VFR1200 - 20,000 miles
    18 VFR800X - 16,000 miles
    01 VFR800 Fi-1 - 9000 miles

* Recent Topics

topic newbie
    [New Members]
    Skids
    Yesterday at 06:19:37 pm
    topic Travel air compressor
    [Accessories and Products]
    brucey
    October 03, 2022, 10:48:15 am