nordkapp

Views: 152
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst
IMG 2655

Views: 292
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 16000 MILE SERVICE  (Read 2992 times)

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
16000 MILE SERVICE
« on: December 22, 2011, 11:07:58 PM »
Just out of interest does anyone have any idea of the average cost of the 16000 mile service? If anyone has had one done on a vfr this might also be a guide
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Shaunomercy

Re: 16000 MILE SERVICE
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 04:32:27 AM »
Cost of 16000 mile service varies greatly.  firstly if you have main stealers do it or a trusted independent.  biggest cost is labour.  secondly how many shims n buckets may be needed and how many shims can be used in a different position.
In all honesty bill can vary from about 250 upwards.  that sounds steep but also factor in the costs of plugs and the air filter is far from cheap.  id be looking at 350-400.  any cheaper and id be asking myself why ?  its a good 10 hr job allegedly.
BUT......... The 16k is a check remember.  If shims and gaps are within tolerances then cams don't need to come out. Then bill will be far less.
If you remove fairings yourself, that would save an hour in labour.
My local trusted independent charges about 32 quid an hr which is considerably cheaper than main agents.
There seems to be a lot of conjecture on whether the job is done properly or not at a lot of garages.  id personally ask for photos and what tolerances were on all shims. 
May seem expensive but the quad cam v4 vtec engine is quite exotic.
If you are happy doing shims and stuff like that all you need is the haynes manual, feeler gauges vtec locking pins, time, space and patience. 
Some people leave it till 32k with no problems.  it also depends on how hard you ride the bike as to how much wear the shims have.

Paul

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 04:58:19 AM by Shaunomercy »

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 04:08:20 PM »
Hi Shaunomercy I see from the time of your post that I'm not the only one posting during the night. are you a night worker or just an insomniac? :002:
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Shaunomercy

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 08:01:53 PM »
Work permanent nights matey.  Will pm you
Paul

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Offline maxincuk

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Swanley
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 08:54:59 PM »
Funny enough I was awake at 4am this morning ... but for the other reason ... :003:

recent