Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Very Happy with Nitron Suspension  (Read 2831 times)

Online Si Click

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Honda VFR 800 X
Very Happy with Nitron Suspension
on: November 28, 2016, 09:53:24 PM
Started a new thread as the title of the thread where I originally posted this gave entirely the wrong impression and I would not like anyone searching for suspension options to reject Nitron based on a thread title.

Whilst the one-up handling of my Crossrunner has always been OK, the rear shock has always been too soft two-up.  It has the usual C-Spanner adjustment for preload, but is not easy to get at and not as effective as I would like because I really need to adjust the fast compression setting.

The available options were very limited and I did not fancy either of them.  I really like Nitron suspension, but they did not have a shock kit for the Crossrunner so I emailed them to ask if they had plans to offer one.  They emailed back that no one had lent them a bike to do the design work, but if I could let them have mine for a few weeks they would give me a 50% discount.  :)

A few weeks later and I picked the bike up on Saturday.

First (and so far all) impressions are really positive.  I went for the R2 shock (the R3 was tempting, but probably way over the top for road use even on a sportsbike, let alone a CR). The installation is really neat with bespoke brackets made for the remote preload and the compression adjustment reservoirs.  Olli from Nitron took me through the setup, encouraged me to experiment and adjusted the shock length to suit my height.  It came with a manual and a Custom Built Shock data note that lists the standard settings.

I have not had the chance to ride it much, but the ride home was excellent.  The ride was firm and planted, without being at all skittish. The handling was definitely more supple and much more secure and enjoyable. List price for the kit is likely to be £777.60, I was lucky enough to get it for £388.80 including fitting and set up.  Happy Days.  :tekst-toppie:

Oh BTW I fitted a Powerbronze hugger to keep it shiny.

Best Regards Dave
2011 Honda Crossrunner
1955 Triumph TR2
1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 ES

Offline Duke

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: loads & vfr800x
  • City / Town: Dublin
Re: Very Happy with Nitron Suspension
Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 01:50:52 PM
Hi Si, how are you getting on with the Nitron shock after all this time ?

Online Si Click

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Honda VFR 800 X
Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 07:29:09 PM
Still very happy, though I doubt I have done more than 10000 miles.  No sign of any loss of compression or suppleness and still adjusts smoothly.  Only downside was that one or two of the bolts securing the remotes to their brackets started to corrode.  Drop of ACF50 sorted that.
Best Regards Dave
2011 Honda Crossrunner
1955 Triumph TR2
1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 ES

Offline Duke

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: loads & vfr800x
  • City / Town: Dublin
Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 01:34:57 PM
sounds good, i might just go with the stock Nitron for my needs. tks.

recent