Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Help needed! Self-cancelling indicators  (Read 3322 times)

Online Skids

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2015 800X
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Re: Help needed! Self-cancelling indicators
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 07:38:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by Skids [+]
Hi all, need some assistance pretty urgently as the b ike needs to be back together in a couple of days for work. I have managed to remove the RH fairing & panel to access the connector for the self-cancelling indicators but I need to know 2 things;

1)  In the pics below, is this the correct connector? I think it is because it has the pink/green & pink/blue wires at the top (2nd photo).

2)  How on earth do you access the wires inside to remove them so they can be re-connected if necessary?

Worst case, as I intend to put 50k+ miles on her, I'll cut the wires but of course, before I do that, I have to be certain I have identified the correct wires.

Thanks.

Bump!  :002:
1 VFR simply isnt enough! Crossrunner for commuting, VFR1200F for summer fun.

Online Skids

• Crossrunner Master
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 09:11:19 PM »
No-one?

I'll have to re-fit the fairing then and learn to live with the fecking stupid things.  :004:

Offline Justin800x

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X 2015
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 10:47:13 PM »
Why don't you just cut and see? You can always splice them back together if it doesn't work
VFR800X (just a bit quicker than the 500X)

Online Skids

• Crossrunner Master
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2017, 06:04:48 PM »
Well, I've given up and put her back together.

I'm not going to randomly cut wires to see what happens so unless someone can help me positively identify the correct wires/connector, I'm going to have to live with these stupid & dangerous self-cancelling indicators.  :013:

Online Skids

• Crossrunner Master
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 06:12:02 PM »
I've managed to copy the page from the online service manual which runs through the Circuit Inspection for both the F and X models of the wheel speed sensor, including a pic of the location beneath the right middle cowl and confirming the colours of the wires to be the same as the F model (pink/blue and pink/green).

Next time I do some work on the bike, I shall take another look at trying to disable these again.

Online Skids

• Crossrunner Master
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2017, 03:33:20 PM »
I'm revisiting this hoping someone may have isolated the self-cancelling element of the indicators and can confirm that I have identified the correct connector block and wires.

I've considered pulling the wires out of the block but my skills are not good enough to guarantee I could refit them if necessary, so it will have to be a cut and there is no flex in the wires so soldering them back together would be a nightmare.

Can anyone help, please?

Online Skids

• Crossrunner Master
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2017, 08:24:27 AM »
So, randomly, there appears to be an intelligence circuit somewhere in the Cr software and it has decided that as I keep hitting the  turn signal button repeatedly to keep it on for more than 7 seconds, it will cease to cancel the signal after 7 seconds. So, only 1 press of the turn signal button is now required! :152:

Curiously, the end-of-turn cancellation still works, occasionally. But it was always a bit random anyway.

Woooohoooo.  :046:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 08:37:04 AM by Skids »

Offline v8guy

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2015 CrossRunner
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 09:37:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by Skids [+]
So, randomly, there appears to be an intelligence circuit somewhere in the Cr software and it has decided that as I keep hitting the  turn signal button repeatedly to keep it on for more than 7 seconds, it will cease to cancel the signal after 7 seconds. So, only 1 press of the turn signal button is now required! :152:

Curiously, the end-of-turn cancellation still works, occasionally. But it was always a bit random anyway.

Woooohoooo.  :046:
Ooo... I must try that!  :031:
Current: 2015 Honda VFR800X, 2003 Yamaha TDM900
Past: Honda CLR125, Honda CB500, Triumph Sprint Sport, Honda VFR750FS, Suzuki DRZ400SM, 2001 Triumph Speed Triple 955i

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube" - HST

Offline gbrand42

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2017 VFR800X
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2017, 07:46:17 PM »
Tried this today while I was out and I'm still getting cancelling after 7 seconds or so. I'm having to keep pressing the button every 5 seconds or so approaching a motorway exit or it will cancel before I even get to the slip road. The only time it doesn't cancel is if I am sitting stationary at the lights. Wish I could turn mine off as there are several turns on my route that need non-cancelling indicators.

Online Skids

• Crossrunner Master
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2017, 07:28:00 AM »
Well, it appears that the demise of the self-cancelling part of the indicators was merely a symptom of the LED controller failing as the indicators are now flashing randomly when I select them. Luckily still under warranty but I'll have to ride the 40 miles to my dealer without using indicators....so just like a BMW driver then!  :156:

recent