Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Hi from Perth, Aus - Quick windscreen fix  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Tom

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: VFR800X 2015
  • City / Town: Perth
Hi from Perth, Aus - Quick windscreen fix
on: January 02, 2017, 01:55:37 PM
Hi
Thanks to all whom have gone before me. Just bought a demo 2015 model and like many others have experienced the buffeting from turbulent airflow off the windscreen. Having read numerous posts and fixes it is quite apparent the need to overcome the low air pressure behind the screen. I played around with my screen a little and found the fastest and easiest fix is to install some 10-15mm spacers under the lower windscreen mounts (longer bolts required) thus lifting the lower part of the screen. This lowers the angle of the screen but also allows some air to pass under the screen. Voila, no buffeting. Yes there is indeed a flow of air to the shoulders and helmet but nothing like the original which for any period of time was seriously fatiguing. It is a quick fix and certainly less dramatic than taking too the screen with a hacksaw but I'm on the look out for a longer term solution. I would prefer some proper wind protection as it's pretty windy over here. The 2017 may be better but by the looks of it, the screen is the same with a slider to adjust height only. I have the seat in the std high position and am 6'2"

Offline PerFj

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2011
  • City / Town: Roskilde
Re: Hi from Perth, Aus - Quick windscreen fix
Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 04:57:59 PM
Hi Tom.
 :047: I guess your idea will help a lot of members. Thanks for posting your experience.
Best Regards
PerFj

recent