Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Water in Dashboard Panel  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Ianmc2441

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Water in Dashboard Panel
on: January 16, 2017, 09:32:10 PM
Hi Had to get the dashboard Screen and housing replaced on my 2016 Crossrunner with 800 miles on clock due to water moisture under the screen also appeared like marks/ scratches on underside of screen. Having seen a few posts recently is this a fault in the production or just bad luck. Since replacement 2 weeks ago I haven't used the bike yet.

Offline Si Click

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Honda VFR 800 X
Re: Water in Dashboard Panel
Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 09:46:16 PM
This seems to be a depressingly common fault which suggests a design flaw or production issue.  Has anyone had a comment from Honda yet?
Best Regards Dave
2011 Honda Crossrunner
1955 Triumph TR2
1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 ES

Offline Ianmc2441

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Re: Water in Dashboard Panel
Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 10:22:00 PM
Hi Dave. The screen & housing were replaced without question and on asking the Guys at Honda Glasgow, although the water damage was clear to see they couldnt trace the cause.  Having seen a few posts in the past in just hoping the same fault doesn't reappear l guess for what's it's worth is a flaw in the laminated screen. When the weather clears the bike will be out and I will be keeping a close lookout. This is my 4th Honda and this is the first time I have had a fault with the clocks or panel screen.

Regards
Ian Mc

recent