Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Engine Coolant Temperature Display - 2015 /16 Crossrunner  (Read 1323 times)

Offline JohnG

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: '16 VFR800XF
  • City / Town: Weston-sup-Mare

The coolant temperature display Bars on the 2015/16 CR Panel consists of 6 Bars that display from none through to a maximum of 6 as the coolant temperature rises. Since new mine has never displayed more than 3 Bars under any conditions, including yesterday when in heavy traffic the Fan cutting in. From cold it rapidly goes from 0 to 3 Bars but as explained above, has never shown more than 3.

Just wondering if my display or system has a problem or whether it is the same for other owners?

Offline Spock

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2015
Re: Engine Coolant Temperature Display - 2015 /16 Crossrunner
Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 10:22:18 PM
Same for me. Have never seen more than 3, even in stop and go city traffic at 37 degree Celsius.

Offline stubax

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: VRF800X
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 12:18:47 PM
Even when I had a holed rad my gauge still didn't show more than 3 bars, hole was at top of top rad.

Offline Bruggen

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2016
  • City / Town: Redhill
Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 04:54:59 PM
Yes 3 bars is standard once its warmed up, you don't have a problem, if it goes higher you probably do. Your electric fan will cut in before it gets to 4 bars and will keep it cool.

Offline JohnG

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: '16 VFR800XF
  • City / Town: Weston-sup-Mare
Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 05:11:57 PM

Seems to be a very coarse display then, as almost as soon as the bike warms up it hits 3 Bars and stays there up to and including when the Fan cuts in, as it does for me - but only in very heavy traffic. Then would only show 4 or more Bars if the Fan has failed for whatever reason.

I would prefer to see the number of Bars increase as the temperature rises until the Fan cuts in, following which see the number of Bars drop back to the normal of 3 Bars.

At the moment the display tells you very little.

recent