Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Howdie!  (Read 914 times)

Offline Andy17

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: Derby
Howdie!
on: February 09, 2017, 06:09:32 PM
Hi All, I undertook a fair amount of research on this here site before taking the plunge and buying a VFR800X. In fact, I only placed the order today for March 1 delivery.

It would be fair to say I am a serial bike addict and have owned way too many bikes. After several years of BMW boxers, including a 1200 GS, GSA and 2 x R's, not to mention a Tiger 800, Explorer, Tiger Sport, Africa Twin (the new one), a Thruxton and a Bonneville (still in my garage), I ran into a problem never before encountered. My latest bike, an R1200R, was giving me chronic back pain every time I rode it. I decided to go back to an adventure style bike as this genre of motorcycle has never given me this issue. Anyway, cutting a long story short, I was fed up with BMW's ludicrous prices and their unwillingness to put a reasonable deal together, even after spending a small fortune with them.

After a search around and a few test rides, I concluded the X was great to ride, great VFM and the dealer I bought from was more than willing to do a sensible deal.

Happy days!  :001:
Cogito; Ergo sum. Doesn't explain why I have owned so many bikes though. Addictive, just like crack but more expensive ;-)

Offline reasty

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CR-750fj-Fat boy
  • City / Town: Croydon
Re: Howdie!
Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 06:26:05 PM
 :400:
 :031:
A wise choice

Offline K-Mac

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Auchterarder
Re: Howdie!
Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 06:51:18 PM
Hi,
Welcome to the forum.   :419:
Fantastic bike (in my opinion). :028:

Cheers,  Kenny.
2015 Crossrunner,  1976 CB 400/4, 1969 S90.