Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: which TomTom  (Read 3023 times)

Offline timbo

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2016
  • City / Town: Islandmagee,
which TomTom
on: February 20, 2017, 11:57:45 PM
Hi guys, I am picking up my 2016 CR on Wednesday hopefully and it comes with a TomTom rider (so it seems) does anyone on the forum know which model the TomTom is? just looking to read some reviews on it before I collect the bike, just in case it's a nice day and I want to go exploring. :)

Thanks

Offline Throbber

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Bristol
Re: which TomTom
Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 08:40:53 AM
I've got a 2015 model which came with sat-nav (as part of the package with top-box, end can etc) - it's a TomTom Rider 400.

Congrats on the new bike & have fun!

Offline timbo

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 08:52:23 AM
*Originally Posted by Throbber [+]
I've got a 2015 model which came with sat-nav (as part of the package with top-box, end can etc) - it's a TomTom Rider 400.

Congrats on the new bike & have fun!

Thanks Throbber,

Yes it's the same deal on my bike so I suppose it will be the Rider 400, thank you for your replay, looking forward to getting her tomorrow. :)

Offline tiggy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Guildford
Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 02:24:42 PM
Well done Timbo, bet you're looking forward to riding her, the weathers getting better!

TomTom 400 came with mine too, it not bad for free. The newer version is a 410 but don't know how much better it is, if at all.

Is your new bike new or just to you?  :031:

Offline JohnG

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: '16 VFR800XF
  • City / Town: Weston-sup-Mare
Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 07:56:19 PM

Mine came with the TomTom 410 Twisty Roads edition with Worldwide maps having free updates for life and Tyre Professional route planning software in July '16, compared to my other TomTom V5 it's good, no problems so far and feels better built and heavier than photo's suggested.

Offline timbo

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 12:14:49 AM
*Originally Posted by JohnG [+]
Mine came with the TomTom 410 Twisty Roads edition with Worldwide maps having free updates for life and Tyre Professional route planning software in July '16, compared to my other TomTom V5 it's good, no problems so far and feels better built and heavier than photo's suggested.

Oh nice one, I'll find out tomorrow or friday when I go to collect :) she is June 2016 so maybe I will have the same as you, who know, sure it's free so can't complain I suppose :).
Thanks for the reply  :002:

Offline JohnG

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 08:45:52 AM

I added up the value of all the extras that came with the Bike and the selling price to the customer if bought separately, this came to around £1,835.00 give or take a bit if you managed to get any discount and wanted all items. So bringing the actual cost of the Bike down to around the same or less than competing bikes from other manufacturers.

Offline timbo

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 09:26:17 AM
I added up the value of all the extras that came with the Bike and the selling price to the customer if bought separately, this came to around £1,835.00 give or take a bit if you managed to get any discount and wanted all items. So bringing the actual cost of the Bike down to around the same or less than competing bikes from other manufacturers.

Actually I did the very same thing, as I had been looking at other manufacturers bikes which all were 2013, when I did the sums the 2016 CR with the deal I was getting was working out cheaper if I added the costs of the extras. I would have been adding a top box, sat nav and would have wanted a centre stand :) so happy to stay with Honda as I've been with them for 21 years, fingers crossed  :002: :002:

Offline JohnG

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 09:49:34 AM

Pleased that you have got a good deal, I wasn't able to get any discount though the trade in value of my GTR1400 was as good as I could have expected. Overall I am very satisfied especially as having had two VFR750's in the past and love the V4 engine. Really happy with everything about the CR though have only got just under 4,000 miles on the clock since last July.

Offline timbo

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 11:45:24 AM
Pleased that you have got a good deal, I wasn't able to get any discount though the trade in value of my GTR1400 was as good as I could have expected. Overall I am very satisfied especially as having had two VFR750's in the past and love the V4 engine. Really happy with everything about the CR though have only got just under 4,000 miles on the clock since last July.

Thanks John, mine is 8 months old with 2000 miles on it, I paid 2.5K under the new price and got a great deal on my trade in, best deal out there. other some of the other dealers trade in price was rubbish so I am a happy biker :) thank you for your input.

now waiting to collect it, and have ordered Givi crash bars, do you know has anyone installed bars themselves?

recent