Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: New Bike  (Read 2099 times)

Offline SFC1000

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Dorset
New Bike
on: February 27, 2017, 05:50:31 PM
I am just about to become the new owner of a Red Crossrunner.
The service will be due soon and I wanted to ask if there is anyone that can recommend somebody, not a Honda dealer, to carry out servicing? (preferably in the South but willing to travel). 

Offline Throbber

• Crossrunner Member
  • City / Town: Bristol
Re: New Bike
Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 08:22:25 PM
Hi.  Congratulations on the new bike.  If you're willing to travel over to Devizes you could try this guy: http://www.master-tec.biz/. He used to work for Honda but has now setup on his own.  I used to have a Honda Fireblade that he serviced several times - when he worked for the local Honda dealer.  I was more than happy with his work back then.  My bike is still under warranty so I'm still using the dealer for now.  Once it's out of warranty I'll be giving him a call.

Offline SFC1000

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 08:48:06 PM
That is fantastic, thank you.

Offline jwmitch

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Red Mark 2 CR
  • City / Town: Gloucester
Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 07:49:43 AM
Just bought a red Crossrunner myself, good choice of colour!

This guy is very good, very thorough, and he'll come to you, work or home.

http://www.superbikesurgery.co.uk/

Cheers  :018:

jwmitch

Offline SFC1000

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 09:07:45 AM
Thank you.
So good to hear that there are individuals out there doing a good job.
I have never taken one of my bikes to a dealer before, I am more old school, and reading horror stories and prices charged really puts me off.
The 8K service was simple and easily carried out by myself but I do not want to spend what will end up as two days, for me, on the valve service.
Using a person you can, directly, speak to rather than the receptionist in a dealer gives me a warmer feeling.

Offline JohnG

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: '16 VFR800XF
  • City / Town: Weston-sup-Mare
Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 09:19:12 AM

Hi SFC, I completely agree with your thoughts regarding the servicing of Bikes as I've always done my own, but having bought the Crossrunner new and wanting to maintain the Honda warranty, took out a pre-paid Service plan covering the 600, 8,000 and 16,000 mile services (includes shim check at 16,000) for £699, maybe not the cheapest option but seemed best at the time.

Offline Cornersruns

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800-X (2012)
  • City / Town: Reading
Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 09:14:51 AM
*Originally Posted by Throbber [+]
If you're willing to travel over to Devizes you could try this guy: http://www.master-tec.biz/.

100% recommendation for Keith @ Mastertec.  He's a top guy and I only use him for my servicing and MOT's now, after multiple problems with Honda dealers.  I've been using him for years and is the only mechanic I trust with my bike  :002:

He does a fixed price menu, including the valve service.  If your a member of HOC he will give a discount.

He can collect and return bikes, for a fee of course.  Give him a call and have a chat, he's normally very busy ( because he gets a lot of repeat custom )