Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Tomtom 410 importing track  (Read 1345 times)

Offline timbo

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2016
  • City / Town: Islandmagee,
Tomtom 410 importing track
on: February 28, 2017, 10:51:48 AM
Hi Guys. I wonder do any of you use the Tomtom 410 Rider? I am importing a track which is approx 250KB's but it is taking ages, ATM it has been running for over 30 minutes, is this normal?

Many thanks

Tim

Offline JohnG

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: '16 VFR800XF
  • City / Town: Weston-sup-Mare
Re: Tomtom 410 importing track
Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 04:34:06 PM

Hi Timbo, sounds a long time to me. I've spent most of today sorting routes with Tyre and then downloading them to my 410. You need to have "TomTom My Drive" up and running and be logged in, also remember that the route file must be a "GP eXchange" file not a "Tyre itinerary file". Alternately you can select "Import File" within My Drive and then search to where your file has been saved and import it from there. Providing your 410 is attached to your PC then it and My Drive will synchronise to put the file onto your 410.  John.

Offline timbo

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 04:54:11 PM
*Originally Posted by JohnG [+]
Hi Timbo, sounds a long time to me. I've spent most of today sorting routes with Tyre and then downloading them to my 410. You need to have "TomTom My Drive" up and running and be logged in, also remember that the route file must be a "GP eXchange" file not a "Tyre itinerary file". Alternately you can select "Import File" within My Drive and then search to where your file has been saved and import it from there. Providing your 410 is attached to your PC then it and My Drive will synchronise to put the file onto your 410.  John.

Thanks John, I had My Drive open and 410 plugged in I was able to import the file to 410, as said I it had run for 30 mins, I then had to go out, but on my return the 410 was still showing on screen (Importing) so I decided just to unplug and restart the 410, then checked in my routes on TT410 and the route is loaded, I'm still no wiser how long it took to upload as TT410 never left the importing screen. I will have to try another and leave it for 10 mins, then disconnect and see if the transfer has completed.

Thanks John

Offline JohnG

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 05:02:22 PM
What I found was that the 410 and My Drive took a while to synchronise rather than needing time to transfer files as such. Also found that if I disconnected the 410 and then reconnected they seemed to sync almost straight away.

I'm sure that both Tyre and My-Drive are rather "buggy" though but still the best way of preparing and loading long routes onto the 410.

Offline timbo

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 05:14:15 PM
*Originally Posted by JohnG [+]
What I found was that the 410 and My Drive took a while to synchronise rather than needing time to transfer files as such. Also found that if I disconnected the 410 and then reconnected they seemed to sync almost straight away.

I'm sure that both Tyre and My-Drive are rather "buggy" though but still the best way of preparing and loading long routes onto the 410.

Just did another one and loaded 2 files, all done in a couple minutes and this time the Tomtom screen informed me importing was completed. :) as you said I do think the program is a little buggy.

Many thanks John

Offline JohnG

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 06:48:13 PM
Today, out of 8 route files already prepared with Tyre, only 5 downloaded into "My Drive" without problems. The remaining 3 had to be rewritten using the twisty roads option in "My Drive" and then loaded back into Tyre where they were edited to the roads that I wanted. After this they downloaded to "My Drive" and sync'd without problem.

It's hard going, but all ok now  :001:

Offline timbo

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 07:00:19 PM
After all these years of Tomtom software you would think the software would be sorted, ah well, all sorted now. :)

Offline JohnG

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 07:18:21 PM
Problem is that following on from the Rider V5, when they brought out the 400 and later 410 units, they completely changed the software installed and filing system for the route files.

recent