Recent Gallery Images

cleaned for winter

Views: 52
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Painting Givi V46 cover  (Read 3042 times)

Offline maxincuk

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Swanley
Painting Givi V46 cover
« on: December 25, 2011, 06:53:29 PM »
I'm seriously thinking to keep my Givi V46 as an alternative box for day-to-day commuting and I would like to get one of these covers and colour match it to Honda's Fast Pearlescent White  :018:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GIVI-C46NL-PAINTABLE-ABS-COVER-V46-TOP-BOX-/380396063624?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item58915f4b88

I never used a paint shop before so clueless about how much it could cost. Do you have any tips?

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
Re: Painting Givi V46 cover
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 07:21:16 PM »
If you use a local paintshop you can ask to see some examples of their work. If can get hold of some magazines on classic bikes check their adverts for paintshops that do bike work. some shops that usually deal in car stuff are not too bothered with small items. Make sure that you get a definite quote and not an estimate
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Offline maxincuk

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Swanley
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 07:25:36 PM »
Cheers for that! Don't read bike mags either so it never occurred to me but it certainly makes sense.

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 07:34:46 PM »
I have just remembered that there is a paint shop near Canterbury that is supposed to do really good work. I can't remember their name but I know that they are well known for their work on sc****rs so maybe it might be an idea to pop into W H Smiths and have a look at the mags on those things. Of course I'm not suggesting for one minute that you should look through the magazines adverts but buy it :002:
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

recent