Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Honda Top Box key barrel loose.  (Read 1264 times)

Offline timbo

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2016
  • City / Town: Islandmagee,
Honda Top Box key barrel loose.
on: March 12, 2017, 06:03:12 PM
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone here has had a problem with the key barrel on their Honda top box, today I was out on a run, stopped to get wallet from top box and noticed firstly that the key was very tight going in, then it didn't seem to want to come out, finally I got it out, so when I returned home I decided to coat the key with a little 3-1 to see if that would help, key went in but they the complete barrel came out when I tired to remove the key, has anyone had this problem?
Thanks for reading, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 06:22:14 PM by timbo

Offline timbo

• Crossrunner Member
Re: Honda Top Box key barrel loose.
Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 07:03:39 PM
Ok so a little research and I am missing a spring :(  having only used the topbox a few times I don't know if it was supplied faulty without the spring or if it happened today, either way, had the spring been in place the barrel should not have come out, new barrel needed unless they sell springs on their own.

Offline Minty

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner 800X
  • City / Town: Grimsby
Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 10:06:26 AM
I had a very similar experience with my Honda top box, it first went faulty within a couple of weeks of getting the bike, the dealer fixed it but it still didn't feel absolutely right anyway it went faulty again a couple of weeks ago and so took it back to them and left the back 3 days with them it now feels like I still fixed properly. I think they replaced the barrel kit completely.

Offline timbo

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 10:33:05 AM
*Originally Posted by Minty [+]
I had a very similar experience with my Honda top box, it first went faulty within a couple of weeks of getting the bike, the dealer fixed it but it still didn't feel absolutely right anyway it went faulty again a couple of weeks ago and so took it back to them and left the back 3 days with them it now feels like I still fixed properly. I think they replaced the barrel kit completely.

Thanks for letting me know, as the dealer is 30 miles away it be a cheap to buy another barrel and fit it myself, less hassle, I'll call them and see if they have one in stock and if they would fit on the spot.

recent