From Turkiye

Views: 60
Posted by: forallende
in: Members Albums
nordkapp

Views: 227
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Future legislation.  (Read 1922 times)

Offline Will vZ

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: VFR800X/Vulcan S
  • City / Town: Castel
Future legislation.
« on: December 28, 2011, 06:24:41 PM »
Just wondering if we have anyone out there who is up to speed on new (euro?) law on parts/accessories due to be intro'd 2013. Reason for asking is I was talking to a couple of our local mc training school instructors yesterday, one of whom reckons that this new law will mean that everything on the bike will have to be either made by the manufacturer or carry markings to show that it is endorsed by them for that model. If this is right, it could have a big effect on buying decisions, especially for some of the more pricey add-ons like exhausts or luggage. Even if some makers do get the endorsements OK, anything bought now may be no good without the proper markings. Anyone got better or more detailed info please?

Will.

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Future legislation.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 07:44:20 PM »
I don't have chapter and verse - suggest you surf a bit (BMF website etc) for precise data.

Two issues seem to be to the fore though -
1)you may not be able to "home" tune your bike and
2)you may not be able to fit aftermarket products - which have potential to improve performance

Somebody in the trade said that the real impact would be the wipe out of the aftermarket industry which is pretty sizeable - an this just simply cannot happen due to loss of jobs etc etc. Fat lot the EU twerps will care about that.

Personally I think we risk being caught beteeen EU and Insurers who already have a bit of problem with any form of tuning and accessories/aftermarket additions. Add to that police and EU/UK safety legislation and it looks bad.

Manufacturers will love all this - only parts and services available from them at exhorbitant rates permsissable.
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 09:52:42 PM »
As I understand it parts already fitted will not be affected. However if the legislation goes through in full it will be very draconian. Apparently amendments have already been proposed. As  it is EU legislation it appears that each individual state does not have to accept it. Some UK MPS have already made moves to get it rejected.
If you want to know more you are better off looking at the MAG website as BMF are more interested in making money than fighting for riders rights. I say this as someone who was BMF member from way back in the 60s when it was known as the FOMC. I finally left when one of the senior officers made racists comments
We really have to do everything that we can to oppose the mew legislation
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 09:57:50 PM »
For more information check out the following link

http://www.mag-uk.org/en/campaignsdetail/a6883