nordkapp

Views: 152
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst
IMG 2655

Views: 292
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Italian Forums  (Read 2538 times)

Offline MX

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Buccinasco (MI)
Italian Forums
« on: January 01, 2012, 08:54:03 PM »
Are you able to translate this topic from Italian to English with GOOGLE features?
I Think it's very interesting

http://forum.motonline.com/posts/list/4790.page
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 09:02:58 PM by MX »

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
Re: Italian Forums
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 10:09:34 PM »
This is the best I can do. It is sections as the original is too big
With his friend Wotan (Claudio)-as well as moderator of K and frontemarcia Qde S1000 on (where I met him I), inspirator of visionzero onlus Association and author of an excellent Manual safe driving on the road -we agree to reach Viterbo Italy the other two friends Gino and Fabrizio, to prove the Crossrunner that Honda Italy provides the Romanelli and 4 May 5, 2011.

We arrived at 9.35, with 5 minutes of delay that is sufficient for having to greet Gino that part: is the first and cannot expect, otherwise the bike remains firm and there is queue. Actually the tail consists of a friendly owner of a splendid and 750 Africa Twin, bentenutissima and just for the moment.
Fill out the necessary forms, we agree that the test takes place in continuity the two of us, without return to intermediate and back office, Gino: "fun" makes us (after being off more than 40 minutes!), watching with some melancholy his dear Varadero.
Let's take the second breakfast while the AT-ista enjoys; Returns, but the bike needs gasoline. Go get it and it starts. I assembled the cam MD80 on GS's right arrow, but I installed bad: you see that the video doesn't really want more. Will bet too right, why not fixed corrugated fine, but something you see the same. (The first stretch of asphalt w. is type war zone in Lebanon).

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 10:11:37 PM »
Audere est Facere

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 10:15:44 PM »
Audere est Facere

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 10:17:00 PM »
The heat, the real big question of old VFR along with consumption. Here is one of the greatest surprises: heats much less, infinitely less than 800 Te (98-01) and also a bit less of vtec. I do not know than previous because my memories about are too confused and ancient, but I can say that in this respect, the bike is promoted with a 6/7 off, even if it remains clear that the bikes are cool. But even the ovens hot, now, are others.
Side radiators continue to be a design IMHO. blasphemy It is clear that to imagine how this bike might exit from a fall is terrifying. Ditto if a scooter parked beside the fall on him leverage in infilzandole-Modell (1 piece) to my dear friend daunio, on 98, happened, and they were pains!!
Will be evaluated carefully crash bars offer.

Audere est Facere

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 10:18:22 PM »
We come to what for me is always the last aspect, the engine.
Superb. Vibration nonexistent, linearity at low bottom only to the best online plurifrazionati. No serious change to fit the other two-valve, v-tec is here vellutatissimo, changing the noise (which is much less beautiful than a V90 twin, it must be said!), but the progression increases gradually. To be clear, this bike up to 205 self-limiting (and, by direct experience, up to 180 strumantali) take turns and km/h in one gulp, the impression is that in tussle with 3a and 4a is difficult to have opponents that the combination of usability and ability to make m can offer a mix more effectively, and this if it is absolutely certain the 900cc engines under, is perhaps less true in comparison with the most successful achievements of greater engine capacity, but this engine in led 30-170 remains a bad reviews for anyone. On this model, in my humble opinion, this is one of the most significant engines of series production, reached his level of usability and maturity Supreme: If then also at the gas station you will mark a significant progress, there would be all full marks!
Wanting to use the road driving philosophy that feel more my, gliding, i.e. in the highest gear possible and Planar curve bending quite soft and then restoring gas and get lightly, there is to point out that the sixth lead is a bit, and if the likelihood that you will nail suddenly the bike in a rattagliamento are void (can hold 3 marches and half that on vfr 800 te and 2 and a half compared to 750, without problems), it is clear that under a certain speed, the force is totally failing and feels the suffering of the motion which calls at least a fifth.
Spontaneously, the range of tours in which you are driving is 4000-8500, plus it just goes to deliberate malice, or to stretch to 3 or 4 vehicles overtaking in-row followed by the curve without having to make two unnecessary gear changes.
Truly a mighty Honda.

The weight is perceived, in my view, little more than zero (at these levels I can't really understand who might notice the difference between these motine); the bike is quite low while offering an excellent light to Earth (another world compared to cbf 1000 which is perhaps the most domestic competitor accredited) and this good centralization of the masses, magic formula also cb1000 and hornet 600 i.e. you really appreciates a lot, so at the lowest speed as in pif paf who perform extraordinary with a quickness.

Finally, another point of considerable strength, aerodynamic protection. The bike is designed very well and since around 150 aerodynamic protection driver (1.92, remember) is great for the little refuge apparently offered: the level is not that of a supertourer, but certainly my GS 1150 with fairing repair better adv I, indeed, as regards the helmet I repair a bit worse!

A note on Instrumentation: mediocre. Not bad because at least you understand quickly what go; but mediocre, Yes.
Compared to the elegance of all VFR, then, really mortifying.
Certainly the cbf 1000 series was even worse, but already a v-strom 650 is more challenging. It is useless to put many panes to display when the info to give are scarsine and space of each is microscopic: better then would enhance the visibility and do so with a bit of style.

Nothing I can say unfortunately some very important issues: firstly, the consumption of petrol; then, if the passenger's convenience, and if the driver is comfortable when sitting behind him, in braking and downhills in the fold; If the bike with the passenger retains a good drivability; If the passenger's aerodynamic protection is good as for the driver, more or less; If the luggage and handbag are spacious, and how they affect drivability; If the night lighting is good or not; If the settings of the suspensions are effective and which ones and how much (of course, a knob of preload of mono would be VERY VALUABLE!); If white streets and roads with moderate holes in and a bit of gravel or foreign budged it at least decently, decommitments without generating terrible embarrassment (but I'm optimistic about this aspect!) and without cover bellies scratches; and, forgive me, I haven't looked at whether has the main stand and easy issarcela.

Ultimately, even if the price is a bit sly by Honda, because this is a motion in which almost everything is "is" already amortized for centuries (and because e.g. the main stand is optional while on IFR was set), and may even try to attack the market with a "dry" 10,000 road that would leave little room for competitionat least for those who look to the substance that a motorcycle offers, it is an object that, if one is not expected to go on the track or otherwise to do a bit of enduro not technical, but at least "insistent" presents no substantial reason for not being purchased by racing!

The only two I see strong barriers to the purchase of this bike are an aesthetic I think bad, really bad, both in front view and in the lateral (better from behind, even if not exceptional even from there), and a posture in the saddle that-for a public very attentive to the bouquet, the impression, the frame, and maybe less able to hearken to famein fact, taste-can certainly appear passive, scooteristica, as saying, a little by little, babbione, little dominant: "Dink effect", I called myself in homage to the historic Kymco.
As the great Troisi,  between a day by lions and a hundred sheep, fifty by Teddy bear could be an excellent intermediate solution, and the crossrunner is a teddy bear with strong claws and very sharp!

P.S.:

This motorcycle offers women the first crossover without any embarrassment of posture and management firm and lentissime speed. A continent so far to few, mainly confined to the "second-tier" segment, Transalp 700 and painfully DL 650. Here we are instead in serie a. I don't know if and how this will affect, but certainly is moto the opportunity of revenge to the Championship for almost 20 years watching with interest and melancholic sense of helplessness to TG, Grand canyon, Multistrada 1000/1100, Tiger 955/1050 etc. Keep an eye on
I hope that these are acceptable if not I will remove them
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 10:21:49 PM by Rocker66 »
Audere est Facere

Offline MX

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Buccinasco (MI)
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 10:21:26 PM »
Great, thank you.