Author Centrestand  (Read 2582 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline charlie

    • Crossrunner Pro  ‐    124
    • ***
    • Topic Author

    Offline charlie

    • Crossrunner Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 124
    • Bike: Crossrunner
    • City / Town: NEWCASTLE UPON T
    • Country: United kingdom
    Centrestand
    on: July 21, 2017, 09:37:49 pm
    July 21, 2017, 09:37:49 pm
    Hi it's me again..☹ when l put the centrestand down it makes a right racket .
    Just checked and where the stand hits the
    bar underneath there is a hole .l am sure there should be a rubber stopper there and that's what's causing the racket .
    Could somebody check with their bike ?
    I would be very grateful.

    Many thanks Robert .

  • Online Skids   gb

    • Crossrunner Master  ‐    1661
    • ****
      #1

    Online Skids

    • Crossrunner Master
    • ****
    • Posts: 1661
    • Bike: 2018 800X
    • City / Town: Hitchin
    • Country: gb
    Re: Centrestand
    Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 07:00:37 am
    July 22, 2017, 07:00:37 am
    *Originally Posted by charlie [+]
    Hi it's me again..☹ when l put the centrestand down it makes a right racket .
    Just checked and where the stand hits the
    bar underneath there is a hole .l am sure there should be a rubber stopper there and that's what's causing the racket .
    Could somebody check with their bike ?
    I would be very grateful.

    Many thanks Robert .

    You are correct. Hole at the back of a plate that sticks out towards the tyre from the cat. Mine has a large rubber bung in it.
    98 VFR800 - 130,000 miles, 08 VFR800 - 76,000 miles, 15 VFR800X - 44,000 miles (all sold)
    14 VFR1200 - 20,000 miles
    18 VFR800X - 16,000 miles
    01 VFR800 Fi-1 - 0 miles (yet)

  • Offline charlie

    • Crossrunner Pro  ‐    124
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • #2

    Offline charlie

    • Crossrunner Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 124
    • Bike: Crossrunner
    • City / Town: NEWCASTLE UPON T
    • Country: United kingdom
    Re: Centrestand
    Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 08:40:58 am
    July 22, 2017, 08:40:58 am
    Thanks..will this be covered by the warrenty ?
    If so , as l bought my bike from a dealer 200 miles away . My local Honda dealer should sort it you would think .

    Do you still get a new  owner card from Honda  ? or have  they stopped it ?

    Thanks  Robert

  • Online Skids   gb

    • Crossrunner Master  ‐    1661
    • ****
      #3

    Online Skids

    • Crossrunner Master
    • ****
    • Posts: 1661
    • Bike: 2018 800X
    • City / Town: Hitchin
    • Country: gb
    Re: Centrestand
    Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 10:14:19 am
    July 22, 2017, 10:14:19 am
    *Originally Posted by charlie [+]
    Thanks..will this be covered by the warrenty ?
    If so , as l bought my bike from a dealer 200 miles away . My local Honda dealer should sort it you would think .

    Do you still get a new  owner card from Honda  ? or have  they stopped it ?

    Thanks  Robert

    Probably,  but best to ask.

    Yes, any Honda dealer.

    Mine came with a card.
    98 VFR800 - 130,000 miles, 08 VFR800 - 76,000 miles, 15 VFR800X - 44,000 miles (all sold)
    14 VFR1200 - 20,000 miles
    18 VFR800X - 16,000 miles
    01 VFR800 Fi-1 - 0 miles (yet)

  • Offline charlie

    • Crossrunner Pro  ‐    124
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • #4

    Offline charlie

    • Crossrunner Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 124
    • Bike: Crossrunner
    • City / Town: NEWCASTLE UPON T
    • Country: United kingdom
    Re: Centrestand
    Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 06:24:29 pm
    July 29, 2017, 06:24:29 pm
    I had a good look under the bike today and noticed there is a rubber bung on the exhaust side , but as in my previous post  ,on the drive chain side bracket there is not one.
    So should there be one on both sides ?
    I would appreciate if someone could check their bike to verify wether there should be a bung on both sides or just the Exhaust side.
    Sorry to be a pain in the butt

    Many thanks
    Robert

  • Online Skids   gb

    • Crossrunner Master  ‐    1661
    • ****
      #5

    Online Skids

    • Crossrunner Master
    • ****
    • Posts: 1661
    • Bike: 2018 800X
    • City / Town: Hitchin
    • Country: gb
    Re: Centrestand
    Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 06:34:16 pm
    July 29, 2017, 06:34:16 pm
    *Originally Posted by charlie [+]
    I had a good look under the bike today and noticed there is a rubber bung on the exhaust side , but as in my previous post  ,on the drive chain side bracket there is not one.
    So should there be one on both sides ?
    I would appreciate if someone could check their bike to verify wether there should be a bung on both sides or just the Exhaust side.
    Sorry to be a pain in the butt

    Many thanks
    Robert

    Definitely only 1 rubber bung on mine.

    Have you checked the parts fiche?

    Could you post a photo of where you mean?
    Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 06:38:27 pm by Skids
    98 VFR800 - 130,000 miles, 08 VFR800 - 76,000 miles, 15 VFR800X - 44,000 miles (all sold)
    14 VFR1200 - 20,000 miles
    18 VFR800X - 16,000 miles
    01 VFR800 Fi-1 - 0 miles (yet)

  • Offline charlie

    • Crossrunner Pro  ‐    124
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • #6

    Offline charlie

    • Crossrunner Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 124
    • Bike: Crossrunner
    • City / Town: NEWCASTLE UPON T
    • Country: United kingdom
    Re: Centrestand
    Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 06:41:21 pm
    July 29, 2017, 06:41:21 pm
    Thanks Skids..you're probably right , maybe the hole on the other side is for European versions , who drive on the right hand side of the road ?
    Have not checked the parts fiche , l will tho .
    Thanks for your help .

    Cheers Robert