Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: LED Running Lights/Indicators.  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Haddo

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 15CX
LED Running Lights/Indicators.
« on: October 25, 2017, 09:45:32 AM »
Is there some way to turn the LED running lights/indicators off on a 2015 cr. I dont mind the headlamp on but I dont want the indicators as well?

Online Skids

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2015 800X
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Re: LED Running Lights/Indicators.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 07:47:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by Haddo [+]
Is there some way to turn the LED running lights/indicators off on a 2015 cr. I dont mind the headlamp on but I dont want the indicators as well?

Can I have them if you don't want them? The more I can highlight myself to the idiots out there the better!  :152: :008:
1 VFR simply isnt enough! Crossrunner for commuting, VFR1200F for summer fun.

Offline Haddo

• Crossrunner Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 10:33:03 PM »
It's more a safety thing here in Aus. When turning one indicator flashes & the other stays on which happens on no other bikes here. It confuses other motorist that either can't see the flashing indicator or think the bike has a electrical problem. I thought you may be able to switch that feature off other than disconnecting wires. I have had the bike now for a couple of weeks travelling across Aus & I can honestly say it is the only thing I can fault. Awsome touring bikes :028:

Online Skids

• Crossrunner Master
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 06:01:46 AM »
It's more a safety thing here in Aus. When turning one indicator flashes & the other stays on which happens on no other bikes here. It confuses other motorist that either can't see the flashing indicator or think the bike has a electrical problem. I thought you may be able to switch that feature off other than disconnecting wires. I have had the bike now for a couple of weeks travelling across Aus & I can honestly say it is the only thing I can fault. Awsome touring bikes :028:

I wonder why this only affects Australian drivers? I haven't noticed any issues in 14k miles over here; the difference in brightness is quite apparent.  :084:

I can fault the self-cancelling aspect of the indicators...fecking dangerous they are!  :230:

Offline Notgotone

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Pro
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 08:17:49 AM »
I think they may be part of the build regulations or future proofing ie daytime running lights as so many vehicles now have these days, with a computer it may be possible to turn them off if the control unit allows it, only two wires to the lamps so only one set of led's controlled from a module not much electrical equipment is directly switched these days by that I mean when you turn something on you are sending a signal to a BCM body control module which in turn switches on or off the lights etc  :012:   

Offline Haddo

• Crossrunner Member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 10:33:49 AM »
I had a look & yes. 2 wires to the indicators. I was hoping there was 3 so it would just be a matter of disconnecting one. Doesn't matter what country you come from. Indicators should only be indicators. Just because someone somewhere thinks that a bike needs clearance lamps doesn't mean its a good idea. It's a bad idea.especially both Amber.. It's a motorcycle with a highly visible headlamp 200mm away not a semi trailer. I have been behind Roadtrains that see me in their right mirror wondering if I am going to overtake. Old saying.... Keep it simple stupid.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 11:07:06 AM by Haddo »

Online Skids

• Crossrunner Master
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 01:01:34 PM »
I had a look & yes. 2 wires to the indicators. I was hoping there was 3 so it would just be a matter of disconnecting one. Doesn't matter what country you come from. Indicators should only be indicators. Just because someone somewhere thinks that a bike needs clearance lamps doesn't mean its a good idea. It's a bad idea.especially both Amber.. It's a motorcycle with a highly visible headlamp 200mm away not a semi trailer. I have been behind Roadtrains that see me in their right mirror wondering if I am going to overtake. Old saying.... Keep it simple stupid.

Just out of interest; how do you know the Roadtrain driver is wondering if you are going to overtake? Have you spoken with one (or more than one)? Or is it that you surmise they must be thinking that. It is my experience only, but I've not noticed any discernible difference in the actions of any driver of any vehicle that I could put down to confusion over the indicators.

But I respect that you have your own opinion on it.  :028: :031:

Offline Haddo

• Crossrunner Member
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 10:06:51 PM »
I was talking to him @ the Roadhouse we both stopped at, he had a keen interest in motorcycles. Even a Auto Electrician I went to see questioned why both amber, & beeing integrated with the indicators, should even be legal. We both could not think of any other vehicle here in Australia with this set up. I, in the automotive industry over 40 years, he prob. about 20. I don,t want to turn this thread into a argument & all opinions respected. I just wanted to know if there is a simple way to turn this feature off.

Online Skids

• Crossrunner Master
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2017, 07:10:43 AM »
No heating here, just a lack of understanding as to the issue.

I've not heard of a way to turn them off, sorry.  :027: :031: