Recent Gallery Images

There are no gallery mods installed.

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sat Nav Wiring  (Read 903 times)

Offline NigelQ

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
Sat Nav Wiring
« on: October 26, 2017, 10:16:39 PM »
I've got a 2012 model. Sorry if this has been done already but I cant find the answer. If I run power from the battery to a sat nav mounted on the handlebars wheres the best place to run the cable? OR can I easily wire it into somewhere a bit closer?  :084:

Offline Notgotone

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
Re: Sat Nav Wiring
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 08:43:05 AM »
Try not to use a direct feed from the battery as it will be live all the time and if you forget to turn off or remove the sat nav it will flatten your battery, through my own fault I had partially damaged the power cable for my GPS on my last bike not so much that it blew the fuse but enough so that over a couple of days it would drain the battery and some times the GPS would say power loss after buying a new main battery and having the same problem on checking the cables I found the plug for the GPS was getting hot new cable problem solved,  look for something that is only live with the engine running up near the ignition switch (short cable run) or the main fuse box of similar cable size or bigger, as for routing, along the frame or existing cable runs but whatever you choose remember to keep an inline fuse as close as possible to the power source. When possible I now fit a relay switched by the ignition to power up a auxiliary fuse box and run all my gadgets of that.

Offline Skids

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 800X
  • City / Town: Hitchin
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 09:22:23 AM »
You can jump from the existing fuse box. Just pick a switched live. There are connectors available that will allow 2 feeds from the fuse.
1 VFR simply isnt enough! Crossrunner for commuting, VFR1200F for summer fun.

Offline NigelQ

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 07:32:38 AM »
Thanks for your replies  :028:

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="3"
recent