Recent Gallery Images

cleaned for winter

Views: 52
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 3518 times)

Offline Lavenham

• Crossrunner Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '03 Burgman 400
  • City / Town: N.W. Indiana
Hello everyone
« on: January 07, 2012, 04:58:13 AM »
It seems you have a lot of the Crossrunners over there. How about sending a few to this side of the pond? Honda doesn't export many new model bikes to the USA. We get the same old bikes year after year. Oh, we did get the DN-01 (wow!!) and the NT. The NT isn't too bad but it just doesn't strike me. I sure am sorry I got rid of my PC800. I really like the 400 scooter I have now but just want more power and a larger bike.....like the Crossrunner (1st choice) or maybe the Integra if they ever import either one.
Retired Bill

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 09:00:09 AM »
Hi Bill and welcome to the forum :008:You may not get the new bikes but at least that you do get are more affordable than they are over here
Please don't dis the NT700 or Deauville as it is known in the UK. I have one as well as the Crossrunner. As I don't have a car licence the NT is my everyday transport and in this role is an excellent choice. I always wished that we had got the PC800 for that job
When I had my VFR1200DCT I joined an American VFR forum and it seems that the VFR 800 (Interceptor in the USA I believe)seems quite popular so maybe the CR will find it's way over there. If it does you really must get a test ride. I think that you will find it great fun
Are riding anything at the moment?
Please keep in touch with the forum
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

danesman

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 10:02:22 AM »
Hi Bill ,  :400: to the forum.
 Might be worth taking a look at importing a Xrunner for yourself as you already have the VFR800 over there parts and servicing shoud'nt be an issue as the Xrunner is basically the same as a VFR.
Would be interesting to see how the costs work. A big plus is the price of fuel on your side of the pond. Regards Pete

Offline Ruhri

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda Crosrunner
  • City / Town: Essen
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 01:50:25 PM »
HI Bill,

welcome to this forum :400:.

Greetings from Germany

Guido

Offline Will vZ

• Crossrunner Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: VFR800X/Vulcan S
  • City / Town: Castel
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 06:00:50 PM »
Hi Bill.

Greetings from Guernsey. What's so bad about the DN? It's great in traffic!

Don't forget if you did import from the U.K. your speed & trip would be set up for miles, & you could reclaim the purchase tax.

Offline Lavenham

• Crossrunner Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '03 Burgman 400
  • City / Town: N.W. Indiana
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 06:47:57 PM »
Thanks for all the replies. At present I am riding a Suzuki Burgman 400 scooter and have a old MR175
Honda that I ride around the neighborhood. I live in the country so there is some off road riding in the area including my 10 acres.
  You really have many more Honda motorcycle models to choose from than we do. I counted 44 models on the Honda UK web site. We have only slightly more than half that. The BMW and Triumph motorcycle dealers are few and far between with my closest dealers being 75 miles through some of the worst traffic in the nation. These are 2 of my first choices for bikes but forget that drive. I don't want to even drive my car there let alone a motorcycle. So I am stuck with the Hardly Davidson and the Japanese manufacturers. Honda has the most dealers in my area and I have had good luck with Hondas over the years so I will probably stick with them.
  To import a bike into the USA is near impossible for an individual. The EPA and probably several other agency's would need to test and approve it. In my lifetime I have seen our government grow and grow - all for the worst of we citizens. I believe that big government in England is why my ancestors left Lavenham, Suffolk and immigrated to America.
Bill - retired and love adventure.

Shaunomercy

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 07:23:31 PM »
Hi bill.

You make good point.  I doubt it would be easy to import a crossrunner from anywhere else other than maybe Canada.  I know that some hondas etc in the usa have carbon emap filters etc as they have to meet emission laws like in California and los Angeles.
Also a usa mile is different to a UK mile so speedo calibration would be different.
Where you hiding in the usa ?

Paul

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 07:56:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shaunomercy [+]
Hi bill.

You make good point.  I doubt it would be easy to import a crossrunner from anywhere else other than maybe Canada.  I know that some hondas etc in the usa have carbon emap filters etc as they have to meet emission laws like in California and los Angeles.
Also a usa mile is different to a UK mile so speedo calibration would be different.
Where you hiding in the usa ?

Paul

Not sure that your correct there. To the best of my knowledge a mile is the same in both countries.However when calculating fuel consumption it has to be remembered that a US gallon is smaller than an imperial one
Audere est Facere

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 10:10:49 PM »
Just double checked and appears that UK & USA miles are equal see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mile
Audere est Facere

Shaunomercy

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 10:32:09 PM »
Usa gallon is smaller...