Recent Gallery Images

cleaned for winter

Views: 52
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hi from a newby in lancashire  (Read 2448 times)

Offline lenny w

• Crossrunner Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: knot end on sea
Hi from a newby in lancashire
« on: January 08, 2012, 05:10:55 PM »
Hi, from a newby from near blackpool picked up my new crossrunner( black) on saturday, I traded from an 04 cb1300 naked. Managed to get first 200 miles in over the weekend out with the wife on her cbf 6oo n loved every minute of it Cheers Lenny.  :031:
Don't Ride Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly.
Mods so far
Beowulf warrior end can, Puig touring screen, r&g bar end weights, r&g swing arm protector, Pazzo shorty levers, Givi top box and rack,Oxford heated grips, Rim tape, Zumo 220 sat nav, Baglux tank cover

Shaunomercy

Re: Hi from a newby in lancashire
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 05:26:10 PM »
Welcome to the forum Lenny.

Im sure you wont be dissapointed with the crossrunner.  You have some fantastic roads on your door step.

Paul

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 05:29:58 PM »
Hi Lenny and  :400: to the forum. You will find them a friendly bunch on here. I have owned 2 CB1300s myself so I expect that it was big decision for you to part with it. Mine were both the "S" model. Were you ever on the CB1300 forum?.
I'm sure that you will get great pleasure out of the CR although it's a pity that you didn't get the quicker version. i.e. The white one :008:
it is great that your wife is your riding partner is her CBF the new one? My wife has a Hornet 7 a CBF 1000 so I know how good it is when your wife shares your passion for bikes. Now if I could only get mine to share my other passion for football :002:
Enjoy your new ride in safety
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Offline lenny w

• Crossrunner Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: knot end on sea
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 06:20:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rocker66 [+]
Hi Lenny and  :400: to the forum.
  Thanx for the welcomes, Yes we have some of the best biking roads in this country on our doorstep think they might even be better on the cr :001:, RE the CB 1300 loved it to bits. But i had had enough of the handle bar wobble on the cb so it was trade in time i origionaly went to the local honda dealer to look at a 09 cb1300 f but that had the wobble as well  :138: . I liked the look of the cr so i took the demo out for half hour and loved that vtec bark. so a deal was done.
The wifey's bike is the 58 plate de tuned rr engine cbf 600
Don't Ride Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly.
Mods so far
Beowulf warrior end can, Puig touring screen, r&g bar end weights, r&g swing arm protector, Pazzo shorty levers, Givi top box and rack,Oxford heated grips, Rim tape, Zumo 220 sat nav, Baglux tank cover

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 07:19:10 PM »
I'm surprised to hear of the handlebar wobble on the CB. maybe it is only on the naked model as I never experienced it either of my S models.
Audere est Facere

Offline Ruhri

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda Crosrunner
  • City / Town: Essen
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 07:51:32 AM »
Hi Lenny,

welcome :400:.

I drove also CB1300 S last year for about 7 Month.Also a great bike,but after a testride with the CR I changed.For my purposes the Crossrunner is the better bike.

Br
Guido

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 09:07:25 AM »
I swapped my 2nd CB1300S for a VFR1200DCT which was a great bike but for me turned out to be too heavy for my knee which has been getting worse since my accident way back in 1966. This culminated in an incident where i toppled over in a carpark in North Wales.I thought about returning to a CB but seeing that the price had soared. i realised that I could get a Cr with luggage for about the same price as a basic CB. I took a test ride and the rest as they say is history
Audere est Facere

danesman

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 02:15:23 PM »
Hi Lenny  :400: to the small exclusive club of Xrunner owners, the others just don't know what they are missing  !!   Pete

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 04:05:05 PM »
Hi Lenny, enjoy the bike and the forum. :031:
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

recent