Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Cleaning inside instrument display? Moisture marks.  (Read 1643 times)

Offline shutler01

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: VFR 800X
  • City / Town: Nantwich
Cleaning inside instrument display? Moisture marks.
on: January 14, 2018, 09:23:19 PM
Hi. I have a 2015 CR. Last year I had the Perspex instrument screen replaced under warranty as there were moisture marks inside (a not uncommon problem I understand). Disappointingly the problem has recurred and as I am now out of warranty the dealer may not be so helpful this time. Does anyone know if it is practical to dismantle the assembly for diy cleaning and if so how do you do it? If it is a reasonably easy job then I may resort to an annual clean.

Online Skids

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2018 800X
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Re: Cleaning inside instrument display? Moisture marks.
Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 09:27:23 PM
*Originally Posted by shutler01 [+]
Hi. I have a 2015 CR. Last year I had the Perspex instrument screen replaced under warranty as there were moisture marks inside (a not uncommon problem I understand). Disappointingly the problem has recurred and as I am now out of warranty the dealer may not be so helpful this time. Does anyone know if it is practical to dismantle the assembly for diy cleaning and if so how do you do it? If it is a reasonably easy job then I may resort to an annual clean.

Not heard of anyone attempting it but noticed last week a small moisture mark inside mine. It's gone now, but where there's one.... :013:

Mine is out of warranty too.

If you find a way to do it, please post here, as will I.  :028:
98 VFR800 - 130,000 miles (sold)
08 VFR800 - 76,000 miles (sold)
14 VFR1200 - 20,000 miles
15 VFR800X - 44,000 miles (sold)
18 VFR800X - 9,000 miles

Offline Bruggen

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2016
  • City / Town: Redhill
Re: Cleaning inside instrument display? Moisture marks.
Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 08:40:13 PM
I had this unit out when I fitted my Honda foglights. You have to remove the side panels then remove the bolts just inboard of the indicator stalks. There are then tabs at the lower sides of the panel. These need to be released then push in on the top edge of the panel to release the tabs there. There are 2 bosses that fit into grommets on the back of the panel. Once you get it loose, just disconnect the wiring connectors and the rest should be self explanatory. Look at the spare parts diagrams and you will see how the dash comes apart to get at the Perspex window in the binnacle.

Hope this helps.

recent