Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: 2015 Model Baglux Cover Shocked at How Bad any Ideas  (Read 5178 times)

Offline Boogieshoes

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: 2015 VFR800x
2015 Model Baglux Cover Shocked at How Bad any Ideas
on: February 14, 2018, 11:13:59 AM
Hi People,

I am new on this site but have been running V4s and VFRs for years but recently switched to the CR (in November).

I added a fender extender, to make it bit more comfortable in the wet.   I have the box and paniers but bought a Baglux cover for it, I'd had them on previous bikes with no problem but the CR cover I bought has become an anathema.  Has anyone got one of these to fit properly (which is a nightmare) with the side covers in the way needing removal for side straps which don't fit and the cover not pulling tight fit at the front and popping out from the side plastics?

I'd be keen to know, I contacted Baglux who only sent photos saying this is how it fits (if only).  I am open to ideas form users who have gone through the pain of fitting. 

Thanks
Boogie

Offline Red Leader

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800Fi VFR800X
  • City / Town: Carlisle
Re: 2015 Model Baglux Cover Shocked at How Bad any Ideas
Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 08:06:20 PM
Hi Boogie, can't help with the fitting, but been looking for one myself. I've had Baglux on all my bikes (all CBR / VFR's) without problem, but looking on ebay on nativeviking site I saw a review for 2015 CR harness "Doesn't fit properly to the petrol tank". Obviously someone else is having similar problems. I do know from past experience that things are a lot easier if done in a warm environment, but sounds like there is much more to it than that.
Good luck and interested to know how you get on....
Don

Offline Bruggen

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2016
  • City / Town: Redhill
Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 08:59:53 PM
I have one fitted on my 2016, didn't have any problems fitting. I passed the front strap way down underneath the steering tube and pulled it tight which holds it well forward and aligns the fuel filler cap hole perfectly. I found it easy to slip the front sides between the tank and side panels where they stay OK and fitted the lower clips in place by removing the seat. I'll get some photo's for you during daylight when I get the chance if you think they'll help.

Offline Boogieshoes

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 05:15:15 PM
Hi Chaps,

Thank you for the replies, sorry I don't much time to access the forum.   

Don - I too have had Baglux on a number of bikes before and all have fitted well and been well made.   My twin stackable zip together bagset has done many miles and is solid as ever.  Hence having moved on from a VFR vtec to the cross runner it was logical to get the tank cover, a no brainer even.

Bruggen if your cover fitted so well I am keen to know how you managed this.   My cover fits the seat end of the tank really well, having removed the front saddle and got the straps hooked up.   The Front however, simply will not strap down in a way that gets it flat and neatly against the tank  The front strap is down round the headstock and pulled back to clear the yolk and head races but the cover will not stay flat and the sides of the front flap will not stay behind the black inner fairing plastics or (as mine is a white  CR) the white fairing plastics.    It simply pops out again and the filler hole cuttout sits with a 2 cm gap off the tank allowing the front flap of the cover to foul the Satnav mount on the handlebars.   As to getting the left and right knee side flaps tied down, well ... I have struggled.    Baglux pics they sent appear to show this hooked back with the hooks inside out and back on the black plastics rather than the tank.  How the hell they got the straps in that position I simply haven't worked out as they don't slip behind the plastics and taking the plastics away means you can't hook them on.

If you have any suggestions I would be really glad to know please?  The supplier has said they will help with RMA but they can't help with anything else on fitting ideas.  So your knowledge, before I finally go back through them would be an invaluable aid.

At present Baglux themselves have not been very helpful.  Other than the photos (which didn't show much except a fitted cover that isn't doing what mine is) they simply said I need to go back to the supplier and go through RMA process, which is not what I'd expect of what has been, to me, a quality product company.   My views are rapidly changing at the moment but I hope to find a solution.

Kind regards
Boogie.

Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 05:17:21 PM by Boogieshoes

Online Skids

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2018 800X
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 07:48:34 PM
*Originally Posted by Boogieshoes [+]
Hi People,

I am new on this site but have been running V4s and VFRs for years but recently switched to the CR (in November).

I added a fender extender, to make it bit more comfortable in the wet.   I have the box and paniers but bought a Baglux cover for it, I'd had them on previous bikes with no problem but the CR cover I bought has become an anathema.  Has anyone got one of these to fit properly (which is a nightmare) with the side covers in the way needing removal for side straps which don't fit and the cover not pulling tight fit at the front and popping out from the side plastics?

I'd be keen to know, I contacted Baglux who only sent photos saying this is how it fits (if only).  I am open to ideas form users who have gone through the pain of fitting. 

Thanks
Boogie

If this ends up with a return, have you considered a tank ring mounted bag? I have an SW-Motech one and am very happy with it. Have a Givi one on my 1200 and prefer that but sadly they don't make one for 15+ 800X.
98 VFR800 - 130,000 miles (sold)
08 VFR800 - 76,000 miles (sold)
14 VFR1200 - 20,000 miles
15 VFR800X - 44,000 miles (sold)
18 VFR800X - 9,000 miles

Offline Red Leader

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 09:50:26 PM
Hi Skids, I'm like Boogieshoes, want a Bagster harness to fit, although havent ordered the harness yet.
Failing that I'll go with the Sw-Motec tank ring + bag like yours.
But, can I ask if the design of the tank ring might mark the tank? It seems as if they have to mount the mounting ring back from the filler cap, with the mounting ring support feet sitting on the tank.
Perhaps some tape might protect the paint, but also worried about the possibility of dinting the tank.
All advice appreciated..
Cheers
Don

Online Skids

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2018 800X
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 08:05:50 AM
*Originally Posted by Red Leader [+]
Hi Skids, I'm like Boogieshoes, want a Bagster harness to fit, although havent ordered the harness yet.
Failing that I'll go with the Sw-Motec tank ring + bag like yours.
But, can I ask if the design of the tank ring might mark the tank? It seems as if they have to mount the mounting ring back from the filler cap, with the mounting ring support feet sitting on the tank.
Perhaps some tape might protect the paint, but also worried about the possibility of dinting the tank.
All advice appreciated..
Cheers
Don

No issue I've seen so far. I haven't removed the locking ring so I don't know if there's an issue with marking the tank, but then I always thought a Baglux would rub on the paintwork over time but never saw any evidence of this on my 08. I guess it you really were concerned then a bit of tape would sort it.  :028:
98 VFR800 - 130,000 miles (sold)
08 VFR800 - 76,000 miles (sold)
14 VFR1200 - 20,000 miles
15 VFR800X - 44,000 miles (sold)
18 VFR800X - 9,000 miles

Offline Red Leader

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 06:33:18 PM
Thanks for that Skids it is an option now. Still fancy going down Baglux route though as I have a few bags that should fit so no need to buy a new bag, but worried with hassles boogieshoes is going through. Luckily a few months to sort before any planned long trips....
Don

Offline Boogieshoes

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 10:47:03 PM
Skids and Red Leader,

Thanks for your posts.  I have considered alternative bags but like Red Leader I had bags ready to go.  I have seen some ring mounted bags but I'm not sure how well they fit or that I'd wanted a lump of plastic sitting proud of the filler cap when no bag was fitted.

I had hoped Bruggen had some pics of his fitting.   In absence of that its looking like RMA and hopefully refund and a hunt for something else that I like either that or I'll have learnt not to trust Baglux which I think is quite likely as they were pretty dismissive when I liaised with them direct.

Will update when I can as the dealer hasn't been dismissive so far and may well come through which would be great and would deserve comment.  Til then...

Thanks again chaps.

Boogie.

Offline Bruggen

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2016
  • City / Town: Redhill
Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 08:33:33 PM
I have offered to take some photo's but I didn't get a reply to say that anyone wanted them. I can take some in daylight and post if that would be helpful.

recent