Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Rear Suspension  (Read 1340 times)

Offline charlie

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: NEWCASTLE UPON T
Rear Suspension
on: April 15, 2018, 11:24:23 PM
Hi , anybody got advice on rear shock preload , with full luggage and pillion .

Thanks BOB

Offline Notgotone

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Pro
Re: Rear Suspension
Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 09:49:13 AM
I am no expert but from what I have learned here goes, if you have the standard shock then full preload adjust the rebound to suit and work back from there I would suggest some fully loaded trial runs, loads of info on the web on how to do set up and you will need help to do it, after work on the forks my installer could not get the numbers right so had a complete new shock and spring fitted, some on here have had new springs and the shock serviced/upgraded to sort out what is a fairly basic compromised suspension I'm sure not many if any myself included go for a test ride with a pillion and touring luggage only to find out later that it can't handle it, my installer told me that the standard set up for most bikes is for someone of around the kg80 mark at kg105 in riding kit I am well over what the standard set up can handle before adding luggage etc good luck.

Offline charlie

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: NEWCASTLE UPON T
Re: Rear Suspension
Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 06:01:36 PM
Thanks for your info , very helpful.  That is my next step fully loaded with panniers , top box and million.
I haven't wound the shock to full . I will see what it's like on that setting .

Many thanks BOB

recent