Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Helmets and screens  (Read 3059 times)

Offline Notgotone

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Pro
Helmets and screens
on: May 05, 2018, 11:44:44 AM
Morning I hope no one is reading this because you are all out on your bikes enjoying the sunshine unlike me sat in front of my pc, so to the subject matter I would like feedback on Helmets, screens and the combinations being used.
My own set up was a Givi screen from my old Vstrom (the Honda OEM was horrible) on a Powerbronze bracket which gives loads of adjustment and a Neotec helmet which was ok until whilst on tour last year I dropped it and put a big dent in the shell  :172: on return I bought a Givi X16 to tied me over until I can afford a better one a big mistake it is very noisy a lot more so than the Shoei I do wear ear plugs but the wind noise at anything over 50 is tiring and a distraction. I tried a Puig screen which is better looking than my current one but still noisy, I then tried an old Arai full face very little use that had been sitting in the cupboard Wow what a difference very little wind noise a nice place to be, I used this when I picked up the bike and the wind noise with the original screen was awful.  So is there a a flip helmet that can match a full face for quietness opinions please.   

Online stubax

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: VRF800X
  • City / Town: Manchester
Re: Helmets and screens
Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 12:26:21 PM
I currently have a Shoei Multitec and Raid 2, can't say that I notice any difference between the 2, although both are due for replacement due to age with probably a single Neotec 2. My bike currently has a Ermax tall screen mounted on the Powebronze adjustable bracket.

Offline Notgotone

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Pro
Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 06:22:45 PM
Thank you interesting shape on that screen looks good

Offline reasty

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CR-750fj-Fat boy
  • City / Town: Croydon
Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 09:25:53 PM
Palmer adjusters give a lot of adjustment options - mines with a puig screen

Offline Slaine

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Camberley
Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 03:04:21 PM
I use an Arai full face but have stuck with the standard screen. The opinions on here have been inconclusive about how much of a difference the aftermarket adjusters and screens have made. I think that other helmets are probably quieter but I'm quite limited as to what fits me.  :006:

I'm loathe to spend £2-300 to not make the bike any better and probably make it look worse (some of those screens are fugly).

Offline Slaine

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 03:18:56 PM
*Originally Posted by stubax [+]
My bike currently has a Ermax tall screen mounted on the Powebronze adjustable bracket.

By the way - where did you get the Ermax screen from? That looks nicer than the Puig or other screens that I've seen.

Online stubax

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 05:26:46 PM
Slaine, bought the Ermax screen from BS-Motorparts in Germany, used them a few times, always excellent service with no problems, check out their excellent website.

Online stubax

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 07:01:36 AM
Forgot to add that the site is also named Motea so if you search for BS-Motorparts and land on the Motea site you are in the right place.

Offline Slaine

• Crossrunner Member
Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 09:25:40 AM
Thanks for the response Stubax - do you rate the screen? Has it made a big difference? Do you need the Powerbronze bracket?

Offline panagos

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: crossrunner 800x
  • City / Town: magnesia
Reply #9 on: May 11, 2018, 10:33:09 AM
I've never seen that wind screen before nor have i read anything here.From the picture i noticed 2 small holes on the front low part of the screen.I also read its only 6cm longer than the orginal and almost 9cm shorter than other brands.Did you see any improvement in speeds over 120klm, how it work with the powerbronze adjusters?Please give us a small review, i'm interested too.