Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: where too?  (Read 838 times)

Offline Notgotone

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Pro
where too?
« on: May 08, 2018, 09:54:42 AM »
Who's going where? I'm off to the Harz Mountains, Colditz and Eder Dam for some history lessons then the Palatine/Black Forrest for beer, Gateau and curvy roads before home via Rotterdam, ferry and hotels booked and routes forming nicely just need a bit of this weather. I'm  taking a drift camera for the 1st time, any advise on batteries vs power packs vs hard wire to the bike I would be grateful for any tips.

Offline Skids

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2015 800X
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Re: where too?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 07:24:57 AM »
Having an easy year this year due to wife working a lot over the summer but last year we took a VFR800 (not a Crossrunner) around South Island, New Zealand for 3 weeks. This year we have a few rideouts planned and are off to Northern France for Remembrance weekend in Nov.

I'm not an electrician but I'd advise to get the camera hard-wired; saves lots of faffing with recharging.

Sounds like some fun trips ahead for you. Please post on here with some pics when yr back. Ride safe.  :419:
1 VFR simply isnt enough! Crossrunner for commuting, VFR1200F for summer fun.

Offline Notgotone

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Pro
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 08:56:43 AM »
NZ is a beautiful place I had the pleasure of a brief visit to the North Island some years ago would love to go back but the journey is arduous. I will look at hardwiring with a quick release connector as I wear it on my helmet.
Thanls Les

Offline Forre

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2015
  • City / Town: Tienen
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 06:32:50 PM »
In the month of Juliet i have planned a trip from Belgium to Germany / Austria /Slovenia and Croatia ( and back), 13 days away for a 4000 km .
In September for 7 days to the south of France ( Jausiers ) and i think around 3500 km .
It looks great for me this year  :152: :152:
Kawa vulcan 500 // Suzuki gsxf 750// Suzuki GSX 750// Suzuki GSX 1200//Honda VFR 800// Honda Crossrunner

Offline Notgotone

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Pro
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 09:32:55 PM »
 :152:

recent
recent