Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: SW Motech Kobra hand guards fitting to 2011 crossrunner  (Read 2869 times)

Offline Blade

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: vfr800x 2012
  • City / Town: wolverhampton
Hi Guys
I am trying to fit the SW Motech handguards to my 2011 Crossrunner my problem is how the hell do you get the centers which the bolt thread in to out of the handlebars tried WD40 and a pair of pliers and pulling on the bolt didn't budge. We then got a couple of sockets a long bolt with a nut on it to pull the centre out of the bars but it is well and truly stuck i need to get them out as the handguards come with there own internals for the handlebars
Any advise would be appreciated !
Cheers

Offline Notgotone

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Pro
Re: SW Motech Kobra hand guards fitting to 2011 crossrunner
Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 09:00:28 PM
Hi may sound silly but have you tried fitting the guards using the Honda inserts as is?
to remove the insert if its the same as the later model you will need to get something between the insert and the handlebar to create a gap to get the wd40 in then replace the bolt without tightening and it should slide out, a short vid on u toob shows the way.

Offline Blade

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 09:50:37 PM
Yes saw that video . The inserts look different on the first generation to the later models the ones on mine look like pressed in bushes  i even shaved the wd40 tube down to squirt behind it but hasn't made a difference can't use the original inserts as the diameter of the motech bolt is bigger !

Offline Notgotone

• Ex Member
  • Crossrunner Pro
Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 10:13:17 PM
Ok take the the throttle side grip off and look for a hole in the handle bar there maybe a tag there that needs pushing in to release the insert.
Failing that drop motech an email.

Offline Blade

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 12:05:49 AM
Ok will do

Offline icristo

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: VFR800XD
  • City / Town: Constanta
Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 07:11:03 PM
*Originally Posted by Blade [+]
Ok will do

Did you get any answers? I'm gonna have the same problem soon and I was wondering how and if you solved it.

recent