Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: She's a heavy old bird when laid down!  (Read 1028 times)

Offline stubax

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: VRF800X
  • City / Town: Manchester
She's a heavy old bird when laid down!
on: August 29, 2018, 06:53:44 AM
She's a heavy old bird when laid down! Stalled the bike on a tight uphill entrance to car park at work, as I had my feet on the pegs when the bike stopped dead, by the time I got my foot on to the floor the bike was too far over to save so had to let it gently lay on the floor, more embarrassing was the fact that no matter how I tried I couldn't right her against the ramp slope, had to wait until someone else tried to enter the parking area to help me lift the bike back onto 2 wheels:006: Damage limited to scraped mirror, handguard, crash bung, slight marking of exhaust, and bent brake lever (easily straightened with a long tube). When the V4 stalls it certainly stops dead!

Offline Skids

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2018 800X
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Re: She's a heavy old bird when laid down!
Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 11:59:44 AM
*Originally Posted by stubax [+]
She's a heavy old bird when laid down! Stalled the bike on a tight uphill entrance to car park at work, as I had my feet on the pegs when the bike stopped dead, by the time I got my foot on to the floor the bike was too far over to save so had to let it gently lay on the floor, more embarrassing was the fact that no matter how I tried I couldn't right her against the ramp slope, had to wait until someone else tried to enter the parking area to help me lift the bike back onto 2 wheels:006: Damage limited to scraped mirror, handguard, crash bung, slight marking of exhaust, and bent brake lever (easily straightened with a long tube). When the V4 stalls it certainly stops dead!

Similar thing happened to me just after I fitted the crash bars.

They are very heavy. I guess I didn't use the correct technique though as I needed Mrs Skids to come out and help me pick her up.
98 VFR800 - 130,000 miles (sold)
08 VFR800 - 76,000 miles (sold)
14 VFR1200 - 20,000 miles
15 VFR800X - 44,000 miles (sold)
18 VFR800X - 9,000 miles

Offline Spock

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2015
Re: She's a heavy old bird when laid down!
Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 11:53:26 AM
It's all about technique.
I even managed to put my Varadero back on wheels (heavier and higher).
Turn around, so the bike is BEHIND you. Go down, press your back against the seat. One hand at the rear, one hand at the handlebar.
Now you can use the strength of your legs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfsUZDA8CoI

recent