Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Center Stands Rise height  (Read 816 times)

Offline garyten

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: 2017 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: belfast
Center Stands Rise height
on: September 08, 2018, 02:54:08 AM
Hi folks just a question on those who have a center stand fitted.

I just fitted a SW motech center stand and am a bit shocked at how much effort is needed, and the rear wheel is 4 inches from the ground to the bottom of the Tyre.
Is this a SW Motech thing, or do all Crossrunner center stands raise so high, and need a lot of effort? im 16 stone and im right off the ground on one leg.

How high is your rear wheel when raised?

Im just wondering if i should of bought the official Honda stand, or would there be  any difference.

I think my center stand is about 2 inches to long in the legs, if that's possible.

Online Skids

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2018 800X
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Re: Center Stands Rise height
Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 06:21:58 AM
*Originally Posted by garyten [+]
Hi folks just a question on those who have a center stand fitted.

I just fitted a SW motech center stand and am a bit shocked at how much effort is needed, and the rear wheel is 4 inches from the ground to the bottom of the Tyre.
Is this a SW Motech thing, or do all Crossrunner center stands raise so high, and need a lot of effort? im 16 stone and im right off the ground on one leg.

How high is your rear wheel when raised?

Im just wondering if i should of bought the official Honda stand, or would there be  any difference.

I think my center stand is about 2 inches to long in the legs, if that's possible.

I have the OEM centre stand and it's about 2 inches clearance.

Still takes quite some effort to get it on the stand but that's typical VFR800. The 1200 is a doddle in comparison.
98 VFR800 - 130,000 miles (sold)
08 VFR800 - 76,000 miles (sold)
14 VFR1200 - 20,000 miles
15 VFR800X - 44,000 miles (sold)
18 VFR800X - 9,000 miles

Offline Si Click

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Honda VFR 800 X
Re: Center Stands Rise height
Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 09:07:04 AM
I fitted a used VTEC center stand to my 2011 CR1 and it raises the wheel about an inch and a half.
I find the key is to use weight rather than muscle and to get the leverage point right.
Best Regards Dave
2011 Honda Crossrunner
1955 Triumph TR2
1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 ES