Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Hello  (Read 749 times)

Offline popkat

• Crossrunner Member
  • City / Town: Devon
Hello
on: September 21, 2018, 08:59:03 AM
Hi all, I don't own a crossrunner but I keep looking at them and fancy one. I've had loads of bikes over the years and currently own 8, main bike is a Yam MT10SP, also have a Firestorm an old VFR750, a VFR750 race bike, 3 x old XJ600's from the 80's, 2 to restore and one which is a race bike, lastly a Katana which has been off the road for over 20 years but one day i'll get to it.

I've been looking round at the crossrunner and found what looks to be a good one, I'm looking to sell my VFR and Firestorm then use the crossrunner as an all round bike (keeping the MT for best and to satisfy the loony side  :008:)

The one I've found (not seen yet) has a baglux tank cover, the place don't want to remove it to check underneath :( the fitting looks very tight due to the fairing panels, I'm worried it has damaged the paintwork or caused stress in the plastic panels. Has anyone on here got one fitted and could share their experience of it please ?

Other than that the bike is loaded with extra's most of which I'd want so seems almost perfect. It's a 2015 bike.

Many thanks

Offline v8guy

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2015 R1200RS
  • City / Town: London
Re: Hello
Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 09:09:19 AM
*Originally Posted by popkat [+]

The one I've found (not seen yet) has a baglux tank cover, the place don't want to remove it to check underneath :( the fitting looks very tight due to the fairing panels, I'm worried it has damaged the paintwork or caused stress in the plastic panels. Has anyone on here got one fitted and could share their experience of it please ?
I've not fitted a baglux to my CrossRunner, but I've used them for many years on other bikes.. I've never experienced any damage to the paintwork as a result of fitting them, nor any issues with the panels. They're nicely cushioned on the underside to avoid this, so I doubt there's any issue arising from the cover itself. If the cover squeezes between the metal tank and the plastic cowling, any issues would be evident in the softer of the two materials, so it should be evident without removing it.

However, they're pretty easy to remove and replace, so I'd be concerned if the dealer is refusing to remove it. You'd be well advised to insist a bit harder that they remove it for inspection.
Current: BMW R1200RS, 2003 Yamaha TDM900
Past: Honda CLR125, Honda CB500, Triumph Sprint Sport, Honda VFR750FS, Suzuki DRZ400SM, 2001 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, 2015 Honda VFR800X

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube" - HST

Offline Skids

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2018 800X
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Re: Hello
Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 05:05:30 PM
I had a Baglux on my old 08 800 for 70k miles; no signs of any wear when I took it off to sell.
98 VFR800 - 130,000 miles (sold)
08 VFR800 - 76,000 miles (sold)
14 VFR1200 - 20,000 miles
15 VFR800X - 44,000 miles (sold)
18 VFR800X - 9,000 miles