Recent Gallery Images

cleaned for winter

Views: 53
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Adusting Suspension for a Pillion  (Read 3395 times)

Offline mcluretaylor

• Crossrunner Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: London
Adusting Suspension for a Pillion
« on: January 17, 2012, 09:01:34 PM »
Hi all,
Just test road a CR and really like it. Been appraising what I really need in a bike and this could be the perfect combination of things. But why is the suspension so hard to adjust? They clearly designed it with 2 up riding n mind yet there is not even a remote preload adjuster like many bike shave these days. I ended up reading the owners manual and it shows a C spanner and extension bar to adjust the preload - yikes!
Anyone tried to do it, as well as adjust the rebound?
I have an ohlins on my Triumph ST which is a joy to set up for 2 up so I feel like this is a step back.
Any experiences out there?

Shaunomercy

Re: Adusting Suspension for a Pillion
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 09:08:02 PM »
its exactly the same on the vfr vtec non abs model.  its not bad but why Honda dropped the remote adjuster, I suspect its about cost.   just like the centre stand that's now a cost option that was a standard item on the vfr vtec.  Honda you suck for missing out those 2 items....
 id say 2 clicks on preload for pillion  and leave rebound damping screw at stock.

Paul

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 09:45:03 PM by Shaunomercy »

Offline Jimbo675

• Crossrunner Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Re: Adusting Suspension for a Pillion
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 05:07:32 AM »
My friend and i rode the Bonang hwy in Victoria last year. I rode my street triple, he rode his Vtr1000sp. There is a dirt/gravel section that is heavily corrugated. After riding this his ohlins remote preload adjuster promptly gave up. The local ohlins importer confirmed that hydraulic preload adjuster will not tolerate much dirt road action. Note also the R version of the new KTM adventure bike has no remote adjuster.
So it seems big H really know what they are doing after all.

recent