Author Topic: Sorry to say I'm off  (Read 2098 times)

Offline tiggy

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Guildford
Sorry to say I'm off
on: October 10, 2018, 04:17:05 PM
Hi everyone, the time has come for me to let the mighty CR go, in fact she was actually sold last week.

The best bike I've owned, probably!

I always wanted a V-four so buying her was a little dream but my health has caught up with me and it is now time to let another lucky rider to enjoy my bike.

I will still retain some sort of two wheeler, most probably a scooter or something light and easily manoeuvrable, to run the 2 miles into town and back as and when my health allows. I never got to tour the countries I wanted but 4 years ago I rode with the wife as pillion, from the East coast of USA (Newark) across to the West coast down the Pacific Highway and back again, albeit on a Yamaha Super Ténéré shipped out with 21 others on a Nick Saunders expedition. It was that trip of a lifetime and we completed it in 22 days without more than a slow lay down of the bike on a wet and greasy petrol station forecourt. A very capable machine but was a heavy old lump, fully loaded with panniers, tank bag, etc. it took 3 of us to pick her up!
If only I had had the CR then she would have been perfect for that ride and cost me a lot less in fuel and I wouldn't have got numb hands, as the Super Ten used to vibrate something awful thro' the bars.

Good luck to you all and keep the rubber down and shiny side up.  :002:

Offline reasty

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CR-750fj-Fat boy
  • City / Town: Croydon
Re: Sorry to say I'm off
Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 04:57:20 PM
Best of luck - I thought you'd been a bit quiet on the airwaves of late.

Well done for getting a bucket list trip in as well!

Offline tiggy

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 07:41:30 PM
Thanks Reasty, I’ll miss big bike riding but have had a few over the last 50 years. Nearly time for the Velcro slippers and a pipe 🤪

Offline Adst

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Vfr800x 15 white
  • City / Town: Maidstone
Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 11:16:15 PM
sorry to say we never got to meet up but you are moving on .. good luck !
A scooter ... such fun! I did lands end to john ogroats on a honda innova 125 .. this summer a great laugh .. dont knock em the little ones go like hell .. the new cub 125 is out soon at £3500 ! that could be a future investment? .. maybe you are thinking of the Honda adventure scooter .. theyre fun and dct too .. either way best of luck Tiggy !

Offline tiggy

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 04:03:07 PM
Hi Adst, thanks and I wish I could have met you and more CR owners. I got to meet Brugen and Lefty. Wow big up respect, LE to JoG wish I’d known I’d loved to have come along. I’ve had many scooters over the years, the beast (best) was a Gilera Nexus 500. I’ve looked at the X-ADV but it’s way too big for me I’ll probably go for a small scooter or MSX125. Take care and hope to see you on the road someday.

Offline Si Click

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Honda VFR 800 X
Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 09:59:11 AM
Best of luck for the future mate.   :031:
Best Regards Dave
2012 Honda Crossrunner
1955 Triumph TR2
1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 ES

Offline tiggy

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 12:25:50 PM
 :152:

Online v8guy

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2015 R1200RS
  • City / Town: London
Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 11:22:49 AM
*Originally Posted by tiggy [+]
Good luck to you all and keep the rubber down and shiny side up.  :002:
Likewise, good sir!  :028: :031:
Current: 2015 BMW R1200RS, 2003 Yamaha TDM900
Past: Honda CLR125, Honda CB500, Triumph Sprint Sport, Honda VFR750FS, Suzuki DRZ400SM, 2001 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, 2015 Honda VFR800X

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube" - HST

Offline Bruggen

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2016
  • City / Town: Redhill
Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 05:10:20 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting you Tiggy at Newlands Corner for a cuppa. Have to say, you're a genuine nice guy mate. Hope you get yourself a scoot and continue to enjoy the ride. Did LeJog on my CR this year, relaxed over 8 days, taking in a roundabout route and enjoying our beautiful countryside. Good luck with your future endeavours buddy and hopefully will see you again for another cuppa.

Offline tiggy

• Crossrunner Pro
Reply #9 on: October 23, 2018, 10:06:14 AM
Thanks Bruggen, it was a pleasure to meet you too sir and I still have the photos! I hope to be around for a while yet and perhaps next year if you’re about near Newlands, we’ll meet again.
Although my CR has gone to a guy who’ll use and care for it as I did, I’m determined to be out on the road on something.
If anyone does a LeJog on a tiddler, I’d love to tag along. The more roundabout the better!  :002:

recent