Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Second hand Crossrunner purchase - what focus on ??  (Read 1213 times)

Offline jeronimo

• Crossrunner Junior
  • City / Town: Piechowice
Second hand Crossrunner purchase - what focus on ??
on: October 16, 2018, 11:29:46 AM
Hello,

This Sunday I'm going to see two Crossrunner from 2011. Because before I had Suzuki GSF, I haven't knowledge
about typical problems with Crossurunner. Could You be so kind and advise me, which point in the bike I should focus on. One bike has 32 000 km, second 42 000km. 

Offline panagos

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: crossrunner 800x
  • City / Town: magnesia
Re: Second hand Crossrunner purchase - what focus on ??
Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 11:41:59 AM
I think one of the most important things to check when buying a used moto is the engine.Let it warm up and listen if there are any strange sounds and for me very important try to rev it until vtech is enabled to hear sounds from the camshaft chain and tensioner.

Offline Si Click

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Honda VFR 800 X
Re: Second hand Crossrunner purchase - what focus on ??
Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 12:40:47 PM
By that mileage the standard rear shock will be pretty tired.  Look for a replaced item and if not, factor replacement into the price.  Check the service record, as regular oil changes will keep this engine going for a very long time, and in particular for the 26000 Km service where the valves are checked.  It will be due this again soon and it is not cheap, so you may want to factor that in as well.  Otherwise they are fairly robust and you are just looking for usual signs of accident damage and neglect.  There are plenty of aftermarket modifications, most of which are worth having, but other than hard luggage, they should not increase the price much.
Best Regards Dave
2012 Honda Crossrunner
1955 Triumph TR2
1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 ES