Recent Gallery Images

cleaned for winter

Views: 52
Posted by: Adst
in: Adst

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: description in MCN  (Read 2477 times)

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
description in MCN
« on: January 18, 2012, 04:30:33 PM »
In MCN January 18Th a reader asked for advice on buying a mid range adventure bike that can do it all commute & tour. In the answer the CR was described as below
The CR maybe little more than a reworked restyled VFR800but as a 2-wheeled "crossover"machine it simply works. it's one of the best' friendliest and truly versatilebikes around anywhere. Riding it is the proof as the CR performs as an excellent day-in-day out bike.
I feel that the above is a very fair summery of the CR although I think that they could have used the word "FUN" in there somewhere
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Offline Ruhri

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda Crosrunner
  • City / Town: Essen
Re: description in MCN
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 05:13:36 PM »

Offline xrunjoe

• Crossrunner Master
  • Ex crossrunner owner
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Ex CR owner
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 08:04:17 PM »
Couldn't agree more - about the fun bit - but it's good to see that the media are now realising that the bike is pretty good and that looks are deceptive. (Frankly - against many of the new bikes around the CR is quite stylish in my opinion). Their current advice to "stop trying to categorise it - just get on it and enjoy it" is spot on.
Suzuki GSX650F, 1250F, Crossrunner, Kawasaki Z1000SX

Offline maxincuk

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Swanley
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 08:15:13 PM »
Regarding the looks, I think is it beautifully designed. I love that you can easily change the aspect towards sports / street or adventure / touring by only changing the screen and adding the luggage. Just like with the VFR1200 when it was lunched, people tended to hate it because it was a bit ahead of it's time but now it imposes new standards in bike aesthetics.

As for the review, I couldn't agree more about it's versatility. Depending on the mood or types of roads I'm doing, is like switching bikes on the go.

Offline Ruhri

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Honda Crosrunner
  • City / Town: Essen
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 08:40:14 PM »

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 08:44:48 PM »
I nearly changed my VFR1200DCT for another CB1300S which would have been my 3rd. However the cost of the CB has become very high for a retro bike and a test ride on the CR convinced me that it would be a better buy
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Shaunomercy

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 09:50:04 PM »
I rode 130 mile for the test ride on mine.  so got off my vfr vtec and sat on the crossrunner.  my first thought was I'm still unsure.
started the engine.... the sound and feel and the thump off the exhaust really stood out.  wow that's really different to the vtec.
I set off and immediately noticed the difference in throttle control and the immediate punch of the engine.  made the vfr feel like it had a clogged air filter.
noticed no surge around vtec transition...  opened the taps and the sound of the vtec now.... well my jaw dropped.  had a blast round.  comfy and if anything easier to ride faster than my vfr vtec.  got off grinning and said to the salesman, what have Honda done to the engine... its stonking

deal was done and rode 130 mile back on the crossrunner.

people may say its a vfr vtec but actually its so much better than the rc46 vfr vtec.

I got exactly what I wanted... a vfr vtec, better engine, comfier riding position, and the legendary handling of the vfr sports tourer.

in essence the rc46 vfr800 vtec has matured and evolved into the rc60 crossrunner.  a bloody good alrounder for todays world.
fun...its in its dna

Paul

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 10:02:38 PM by Shaunomercy »

recent