Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Anybody Know a place where you can get a New Honda Key Blank cut?  (Read 916 times)

Offline Boogieshoes

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 VFR800x
Hi, it seems like winter has cut in and there isn't much activity on the forum so I am widening my request to help from Devon and Cornwall that I posted here: https://www.honda-crossrunner.com/index.php/topic,1992.0.html around Christmas time and Skids did come back (thank you SKids).

Sadly I haven't found a place that can cut a new type Honda key blank (2015 model Crossrunner).   I have tried a couple of times and ended up with expensive (Honda genuine) knackered keys that will not turn [Whatever you do don't code it before you cut it or you could be wasting your time].   

Although you get a combined barcode and alphanumeric code label on the keys supplied with the bike, this it seems is useless as it doesn't provide the cut pattern to either Honda or a key cutter and Honda are about as helpful as a chocolate fireguard.

The places I have tried with computer linked cnc key cutters can scan the one good key I have but can't get a cut pattern code file to cut the new key and any attempt at manual pattern matching with paired good key to guide the cutter on the new blank hasn't worked either.

Hopefully somebody out in crossrunner land can point me to a place that can do it whi9le I wait, it would be worth the ride out and back.

Thanks in hope
Boogie.

Online Skids

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2018 800X
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Boogie, I managed to find my lost key in a coat pocket I forgot I'd used.  :112:

I hope you manage to sort this. Can't believe Honda aren't able to source you a replacement....seems ridiculous that they have no ability to replace a part they created.  :087:
98 VFR800 - 130,000 miles (sold)
08 VFR800 - 76,000 miles (sold)
14 VFR1200 - 20,000 miles
15 VFR800X - 44,000 miles (sold)
18 VFR800X - 9,000 miles

Offline Boogieshoes

• Crossrunner Member
Hi Skids,

Pleased to hear it.  My crossrunner is the same as yours in your pic.  I think the keys and coats thing get worse as we get older  :002: but hey.

Your comments echoed my own thoughts, hence I spent a while exchanging emails and phone calls with Honda Uk and I am utterly shocked at situation.  I miss the old days, my dealer of over 30 years and where I used to spend weekends working with them retired in 2004.   The people that took the place over were not of the same calibre.  So I had to start again with a new dealer 40miles away, whilst the crew are pretty good but its like anything where even at my age I am the new 'old boy'.... :003:.  I picked up the xrunner after a nasty in 2016 that wrote off my old vtec (1st accident in 40 yrs riding) so I am not somebody who changes bikes often.

Hoping somebody can help though.
Regards
Boogie

Online Skids

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2018 800X
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Boogie

I've received a reply on VFRD to your issue, don't know if it will help.
98 VFR800 - 130,000 miles (sold)
08 VFR800 - 76,000 miles (sold)
14 VFR1200 - 20,000 miles
15 VFR800X - 44,000 miles (sold)
18 VFR800X - 9,000 miles

Offline Boogieshoes

• Crossrunner Member
Hi Skids,

Thank you for the followup through vfrd site.  I once tried to register there but for some reason forgotten now I couldn't get it to work.

I do have the barcode label, it has Alpha character and 3 digit number too so as Grum says I expected to be able to order a new key using that, hence the exchanges with Honda UK.  I also thought it could provide the pattern code to a locksmith.  The problem has been that I can't find a locksmith with a cnc cutter that can use either the barcode or alphanumeric.   

Things used to be so much easier in past and not at near £70 a key blank to find out :023: .

It could be that the Honda uk people didn't have a knowledgeable person handling my case, but they asked for vin numbers and allegedly contacted the euro center but didn't come back with place that I could go with the blank and said they could not provide a precut key. :027:

Just hoping somebody else out there has had success in the uk.   Have a good day and thanks again, that was very kind.

Boogie

* Recent Topics

recent