Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Crossrunner Fork Oil Weight  (Read 470 times)

Offline Mkcx

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Honda Cx500
Crossrunner Fork Oil Weight
on: February 12, 2019, 01:01:56 PM
Afternoon folks,

Just thought I would post this for info as I struggled to find a definitive answer via email Google.

Honda recommend 10wt fork oil for the MK1 and MK2 Crossrunner. This was confirmed by two separate Honda dealers.

The workshop manuals for the VFR that I found just stated 'Honda fork fluid' or the Honda SS8 stuff (which I think is actually 7.5wt). Anyhow, confirmed by the dealers that 10wt is what Honda specify for the Crossrunners.

I'm planning different springs in the future but suffered a seal failure yesterday and need my bike back on the road tomorrow evening at the latest so no time to play about!

Offline Kiwi49

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Not the first Honda - the first CrossRunner
  • Bike: 2012 VFR800X CR
  • City / Town: Carterton
Re: Crossrunner Fork Oil Weight
Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 05:56:22 AM
I've been thinking about fork oil weight in a newly bought 2011-2014 RC60.
It was registered in 2012 in New Zealand.
We use kilometres here and the bike had only done 6300+kms.
Riding it home (a journey of 490+kms), and a rider training course, felt the front was a bit 'rigid'.
Advice wanted - should I think about getting fork oil changed?
Keep in mind that some if the roads less travelled here equate to the modern version of 'zero maintenance', at best 'patchwork quilt' :164:
I've already arranged to have all fluids changed, filters checked and the radiator fan checked as it doesn't seem to be working.
Cheers. :002:

Offline felipe_osorno

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: 2013 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Osorno
Re: Crossrunner Fork Oil Weight
Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 09:12:10 PM
Hello lads,
I own a '12 CR and I need to replace oil and dust seals and of course, the oil. So it's quite clear that the oil should be 10wt.
The question is, how much?
thanks from Chile