Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Quietest forum I've ever been a member of ?  (Read 5184 times)

Offline Ferretvfr800

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Vfr800x
  • City / Town: Neath
Quietest forum I've ever been a member of ?
on: February 19, 2019, 07:14:35 PM
Just out of interest I was wondering what other members views are regarding the slow pace of thus forum.This to me is the slowest I've ever been a member of . I must presume almost everyone is really happy with there crossrunner and spend more time riding them than spannering or repairing them. My personal opinion is that the crossrunner is far better than it's some of parts suggest and compared to the competition,the tracer,versys ,triumph etc its build quality is better as is its suspension.style is an individual thing so apart from those extra electronic settings and colour tft screens the crossrunner is great value price wise .

Online voodoo

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: RC80
  • City / Town: The Hague
Re: Quietest forum I've ever been a member of ?
Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 07:30:13 PM
I think crossrunners hibernate, all year long!  :008:

But yeah, it is a fantastic motorcycle. Best/nicest engine I ever had. Ergonomice are nigh on perfect for me.

Stop making sense

Offline reasty

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CR-750fj-Fat boy
  • City / Town: Croydon
Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 08:02:21 PM
Couple of little niggles on the way but all eminently sortable.
Incredible engine.
It's taken me 40 years to get to a bike I like this much, definitely a keeper!
Although the latest mv Augusta tourismo thingy looks great - but at £24k I think I might just give it a miss :020:

Offline Dav668

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: 2015 X
  • City / Town: Sydney
Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 12:35:27 AM
I'm guessing everyone has arrived at the pinnacle of motorcycle ownership and have nothing left to say  :008:

Offline CBM

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: NW London
Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 06:12:54 AM
It's a superbly comfortable, practical, top quality motorcycle but after fitting a decent screen & a hugger what's left to discuss other than valve clearance check mileage/cost (which is a joke BTW) or "what colour is yours"  :027:
It's a Honda and like most of their bikes there's not too much to shout about, you just put fuel in and ride along feeling extremely smug  :001:
Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 06:23:36 AM by CBM

Offline Slaine

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Camberley
Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 09:10:22 PM
You're right it is quiet but even after going round every bike at the London show last weekend I didn't see anything that I would have wanted to replace it with. About the only thing would be an R1250RS but at £17k and with the potential BMW issues why change?

Interesting that Honda didn't have the Crossrunner or Tourer at the show. Weird when they're pretty good value at the moment.

Offline v8guy

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2015 R1200RS
  • City / Town: London
Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 09:16:07 PM
It's not the busiest forum I've ever frequented either.. I guess this is partly due to the bike not needing all that much in the way of mods to make it a very fine ride. But there's very little in the way of off-topic social interaction here too... I guess that's because since I last joined a  bike forum (way back in 2005), one that remains very active and sociable, the 'net's exploded with social media, and we're in a phase of increasingly segmented interactions; a forum for every topic. So maybe this produces lower volume "lists", and a higher ratio of on- to off-topic posts. As someone who spent a lot of time on a few of Usenet's motorcycling forums back in the day, and learned a lot about the world, people and places (and occasionally a bit about bikes) in the process, I'm not sure this a good thing... but it's what it is!
Current: BMW R1200RS, 2003 Yamaha TDM900
Past: Honda CLR125, Honda CB500, Triumph Sprint Sport, Honda VFR750FS, Suzuki DRZ400SM, 2001 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, 2015 Honda VFR800X

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube" - HST

Online voodoo

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: RC80
  • City / Town: The Hague
Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 09:26:53 PM
And crossrunners aren't really high-volume bikes.

We can try to arrange a crossrunner-rally somewhere, sometime.
Stop making sense

Offline Slaine

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Camberley
Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 09:38:31 PM
It would be great to see a bunch of Crossrunners together somewhere. I bet a magazine would be interested if we did.

Offline Haddo

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 15CX
Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 04:41:22 AM
No problems no questions? :031: