Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Anyone flipped the rear suspension triangle.  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Haddo

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 15CX
Anyone flipped the rear suspension triangle.
on: March 17, 2019, 10:33:22 PM
Anyone tried doing this on the >15 CR?
The 800F guys have been doing it for a while thus lowering the rear 2cm & then dropping the front forks 1-1.5cm.
I read a analysis on this at another forum and states it has very little effect on dynamics apart from rear shock compression curve 0.5% softer and the general consensus is better handling.
Downside on the 800F, may have to swap out pegs if racing/cornering hard, not recommended with panniers. I doubt this would be a problem on a CR as with this mod the bike will still have 5mm longer travel than a 800F stock.
Cost $0.00

Online voodoo

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: RC80
  • City / Town: The Hague
Re: Anyone flipped the rear suspension triangle.
Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 06:23:39 PM
Nope, I haven't.
Can't really see the benefit either, you read it on VFRD?
I am interested to read excperienes of the 800f guys.
Stop making sense

Offline Haddo

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 15CX
Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 09:31:11 PM
Links attached.
As stated on my thread Best Ride just lowering the seat gave "me" more confidence and control over the bike in the mountains. Also, being short legged, I would still like to lower it a bit more but without the front forks bottoming out on the lower brace, which I think will happen with the 30mm lowering kit. I was thinking more about 1.5ish with seat lowered will get me 3.5mm, nearly 1.5" closer to the ground. Sooo, this mod should do it perfectly for $0.00 &
some report it also improves ergonomics on the 800Fs.
The only problem I can see with flipping the triangle is if the bottom of the rear shock hits the brace rod, but, I assume that would be the case with the lowering links available.

Online voodoo

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: RC80
  • City / Town: The Hague
Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 08:47:36 PM
I see, it's just for lowering seatheight.
At 6'4 I have no need for that...
Stop making sense