Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Centre stand install solo and simplified.  (Read 863 times)

Offline Ondav4

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: VFR800X
Centre stand install solo and simplified.
on: March 30, 2019, 03:13:32 PM
It's all about the offside fastner that you cannot install as it fouls the exhaust plumbing. Remove an amount as shown. Remove hexagon end peripheral lip as every mm counts. File/sand until this left hand thread fastner may start. You'll need to replace a lead-in chamfer and I added some copper grease to help it get started. Once proven add the parts in the instructions and get the fastner started. I propped the stand up on a paper roll.
I now moved to the nearside and added its parts too. By pulling the stand to compress the spring washer pair you'll be able to align left collar and get the 10mm special bolt started.
Now the springs between spring plate and stand. It's a reduced pull with stand horizontal so observing indicated orientation use a puller or doubled over string. Now feed lighter spring through the middle and tease it's end into spring plate. I used long nosed pliers here from underneath. The opposite end to the stand is an easier pull.
NB The left hand threaded offside centre stand fastner is still sufficiently long and safe after being doctored. Obviously reduce by the minimum amount you can to gain clearance on the plumbing and to line it up.
Job done👍🏻
Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 03:16:17 PM by Ondav4

recent