Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Fitting a Kliktronic electric gear change  (Read 771 times)

Offline 48jamiedog

• Crossrunner Junior
  • City / Town: Surrey
Fitting a Kliktronic electric gear change
on: April 08, 2019, 09:33:52 PM
Hi all,
Love the idea of getting a Crossrunner but I have a fused left ankle and find it virtually impossible to use the foot change properly. Currently ride a NC750 S DCT but it is really rather underpowered but a good ride. Would love to have the extra performance of the Crossrunner.  Has anyone on the forum fitted a Kliktronic electric change to a Crossrunner and if so how difficult was it to fit and were there any other problems with it.
Hope there is someone out there that can help
Cheers all :031:

Offline CBM

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: NW London
Re: Fitting a Kliktronic electric gear change
Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 08:01:14 AM
Unless it too big/heavy what about a Crosstourer DCT ?

Online Skids

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2018 800X
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Re: Fitting a Kliktronic electric gear change
Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 08:34:06 AM
*Originally Posted by 48jamiedog [+]
Hi all,
Love the idea of getting a Crossrunner but I have a fused left ankle and find it virtually impossible to use the foot change properly. Currently ride a NC750 S DCT but it is really rather underpowered but a good ride. Would love to have the extra performance of the Crossrunner.  Has anyone on the forum fitted a Kliktronic electric change to a Crossrunner and if so how difficult was it to fit and were there any other problems with it.
Hope there is someone out there that can help
Cheers all :031:

Hi.

According to their website: For UK based clients there is an in house fitting service available, along with approved fitting centres across the country.

So you could get them to fit it and cut out any issues, although clearly that will have an increased cost implication.

I also see from their website that they have distributors overseas, including the US so you might consider asking your question on VFRD as it has a larger membership and that may increase your chances of a successful reply. Although they don't sell the Crossrunner in the US, the 800F, upon which our bike is based and has the same engine, is very popular and so you could extrapolate any answers directly I think.
98 VFR800 - 130,000 miles (sold)
08 VFR800 - 76,000 miles (sold)
14 VFR1200 - 20,000 miles
15 VFR800X - 44,000 miles (sold)
18 VFR800X - 9,000 miles

recent