Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: higher screen  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Zoser

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: Jersey UK
Re: higher screen
Reply #10 on: May 09, 2019, 08:06:44 AM
I also like the look of the Givi.  Lots of adjustment possible.  Easier to fit than the adjustable Powerbronze?

Offline voodoo

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: RC80
  • City / Town: The Hague
Reply #11 on: May 09, 2019, 05:28:02 PM
*Originally Posted by Zoser [+]
The Puig?  It looks higher than the others.  Can you say what he problem was please?

The puig indeed. It made more windnoise then the stock screen.
Now I have the givi airflow and palmer adjuster, not a "bubble of calm", but acceptable and a lot better then stock.
Stop making sense

Offline Zoser

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #12 on: May 09, 2019, 06:18:58 PM
*Originally Posted by voodoo [+]
The puig indeed. It made more windnoise then the stock screen.
Now I have the givi airflow and palmer adjuster, not a "bubble of calm", but acceptable and a lot better then stock.
  The one in the video above?

Offline voodoo

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: RC80
  • City / Town: The Hague
Reply #13 on: May 09, 2019, 06:27:16 PM
Yep, that's the one
Stop making sense

Online v8guy

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2015 CrossRunner
  • City / Town: London
Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 09:26:03 AM
*Originally Posted by Zoser [+]
Anyone tried the Puig?  Looks a decent height.  I always reckon that if you are going to the trouble of replacing, you may as well get one that gives maximum protection.

https://racingbikeitaly.com/new-puig-touring-screen-for-honda-crossrunner-2017/
I have this screen, mounted on the Powerbronze adjuster. It's not perfect, but the best I've found for reducing turbulence. I find it a bit too tall in the way that the top of the screen sits just about on my line of sight where I'm doing a final scan of the road for bumps and debris, slightly distorting my view. Mine is also slightly tinted, such that in low light I do not have a particularly clear view through it.
Current: 2015 Honda VFR800X, 2003 Yamaha TDM900
Past: Honda CLR125, Honda CB500, Triumph Sprint Sport, Honda VFR750FS, Suzuki DRZ400SM, 2001 Triumph Speed Triple 955i

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube" - HST

Offline Mkcx

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Honda Cx500
Reply #15 on: May 17, 2019, 08:15:47 AM
I've just ordered a set of Palmer adjusters to go with my puig screen which I've found still cause noisy turbulence, although it does offer a lot more protection and is better than the MRA Vario and Honda touring screen for me.

I've also tried an MRA XCreen on top of the puig but found it didn't help dramatically.

Offline Zoser

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #16 on: June 11, 2019, 06:32:23 PM
Finally ordered and fitted the Givi AF1139 as in the video.  Works brilliantly and a doddle to fit.  Watch the video and make sure you apply some cooking oil or something initially.

Very pleased.  Cuts down the wind noise and air blast significantly.  Height setting to fit the smallest and tallest of us.

Offline Haddo

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 15CX
Reply #17 on: July 02, 2019, 11:09:36 AM
Late reply but +1 on the Givi Air Flow. I have  my top section set @ about 3/4 up for speed to 120kph bug catching while cruising/touring. I remove the top completely above that speed due to buffering plus with air flow by then getting above the helmet, @ 5'10",  it's not waranted anyway .... Best of both worlds.

Offline Duke

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: loads & vfr800x
  • City / Town: Dublin
Reply #18 on: July 08, 2019, 10:54:28 PM
I've checked the multiple threads here & ordered the puig for my 2012 bike

As soon as I get it & installed will let you all know.

Online v8guy

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2015 CrossRunner
  • City / Town: London
Reply #19 on: July 09, 2019, 06:29:13 AM
*Originally Posted by v8guy [+]
Mine is also slightly tinted, such that in low light I do not have a particularly clear view through it.

As an update to this, I discovered the other day that things were much improved by simply washing the bike. A cheap and easy fix!  :008:
Current: 2015 Honda VFR800X, 2003 Yamaha TDM900
Past: Honda CLR125, Honda CB500, Triumph Sprint Sport, Honda VFR750FS, Suzuki DRZ400SM, 2001 Triumph Speed Triple 955i

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube" - HST

recent