Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Track day in my Crossrunner  (Read 519 times)

Offline Salvador

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: Crossrunner 2016
  • City / Town: El Sunzal beach
Track day in my Crossrunner
« on: April 17, 2019, 06:14:00 AM »
My 2016 Crossrunner is just 6,000 kms, original tires (Pirelli Scorpion), and original suspension adjustments. I took it to a race track to have fun and turning practice. I had a sense of the front end of the bike “dropping” a little bit in the closer turns. Any suggestions for suspenssion, tires, traction control?  Some riding tips for faster turns? Did not try to change gears without clutch, but I saw a review saying that this bike have a kind of a quick shifter. Thanks buddies.  :062:

Online Skids

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2015 800X
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Re: Track day in my Crossrunner
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 06:23:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by Salvador [+]
My 2016 Crossrunner is just 6,000 kms, original tires (Pirelli Scorpion), and original suspension adjustments. I took it to a race track to have fun and turning practice. I had a sense of the front end of the bike “dropping” a little bit in the closer turns. Any suggestions for suspenssion, tires, traction control?  Some riding tips for faster turns? Did not try to change gears without clutch, but I saw a review saying that this bike have a kind of a quick shifter. Thanks buddies.  :062:

A Quickshifter is available as an aftermarket purchase. I have one, it's very good.

Change the tyres, the originals are crap.
1 VFR simply isnt enough! Crossrunner for commuting, VFR1200F for summer fun.

Offline Ben

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Ben
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford, Kent
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 07:43:17 PM »
Metzler Roadtec 01 is the way to go

:152:

Offline Mkcx

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: Honda Cx500
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 08:27:08 AM »
For road use and occasional track use I agree, Roadtec 01 or Road 5. Not much difference between the two really.

Offline Slaine

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2015 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Camberley
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 07:45:00 PM »
On track you need to reduce tyre pressures due to the extra heat.

The tyres were probably getting too hot if you didn't do that.

In the dry the old tyres were ok but downright dangerous in the wet. Not my choice for track.

For suspension on track you would need to change the settings and form things up.  I would imagine the biggest limitation would be the brakes because of the weight of the bike.

I would definitely change the tyres though. I use Metzeler Roadtec 01s but the Michelin PR5 have great write ups too.

recent