Recent Gallery Images

From Turkiye

Views: 106
Posted by: forallende
in: Members Albums

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hopp Rider Training at Cadwell Park  (Read 2204 times)

Offline maxincuk

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Swanley
Hopp Rider Training at Cadwell Park
« on: January 25, 2012, 08:29:07 PM »
Anyone interested? I've been last year and can't wait to go back again. Cadwell Park is an amazing circuit and the amount of skills you get from the instructors in one day is impressive.

http://www.hoppridertraining.co.uk/betterriding.html

I'm planning on going on the 16th of May to bond better with the CR and improve my cornering.

danesman

Re: Hopp Rider Training at Cadwell Park
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 05:48:36 PM »
This sounds like fun with some serious benefits at the same time, will look at my diary and wallet !!

Offline maxincuk

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
Hopp Rider Training at Cadwell Park
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 07:57:56 AM »
It is a bit expensive TBH but what I like about them is that they focus on road riding and cornering techniques rather than teaching you racing lines and other bits that only apply to the track. Very good instructors with monitoring sessions and feedback for each rider. You can even ask for 1:1 help and hey will kindly follow you and offer tips on how to improve. They have very strict rules on overtaking so everyone will enjoy at their own pace.

Shaunomercy

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 01:09:34 PM »
To be honest, its something ive never really thought of doing.  I find doing the bike safe with the police every year is far more useful.  The police riders pick you up on what your doing wrong, so it keeps the bad habits at bay and the best bit is its FREE.

Paul

Offline maxincuk

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 02:10:53 PM »
This is different than bike safe which I also did once and probably do another one this year. You don't get to practice high speed cornering safely on the road. I've learned about my bike in one day more that I did in 2 years since I've owned it.

I want to do the same with the CR, to see how it feels during high lean angles, how much grip there is in the tyres, getting my confidence up and of course have a lot of fun while doing it.

Here's a pic from last year while I was being followed by one of the instructors.

The other course they do is and advanced machine control day where you get to practice and become comfortable with difficult manoeuvres like high speed swerves, high speed emergency brakes (50mph+), recovering from front lock (not applicable on the ABS machines but still very useful), balance and slow speed manoeuvring etc.

Offline Rocker66

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2011 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Ashford Kent
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 05:01:55 PM »
Not everyday you see a Deauville 650 on a circuit
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
Audere est Facere

Offline maxincuk

• Crossrunner Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 06:45:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rocker66 [+]
Not everyday you see a Deauville 650 on a circuit

That bike definitely got a lot of attention that day, but it not unusual on this kind of event. Most of the people brought normal street bikes and even a cruiser.

recent