Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Top Box arms for 2019 Crossrunner  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Longtail

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: 2019 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Onchan
Top Box arms for 2019 Crossrunner
on: July 23, 2019, 08:10:33 PM
Hi Guys need a little help here.

Just bought a 2019 crossrunner and I am trying to fit a top box rack in order to carry my Givi Monkey box.

I have purchased a Givi SR1139 rear rack, however, when I have tried to fit it it appears as if the fitment holes are a few mil out meaning the bolts will not quite align, and I do not want to force it in case I strip the threads.....needless to say I am not a happy bunny and the rack will be going back.

What I want to know is what racks do you guys who already own Crossrunners recommend?

Do S.W. Motech do arms to fit the bike, or any other suggestions please, not happy with the Givi rack.

Thanks for reading  :001:

Offline v8guy

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2015 R1200RS
  • City / Town: London
Re: Top Box arms for 2019 Crossrunner
Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 08:40:29 PM
*Originally Posted by Longtail [+]
Hi Guys need a little help here.

Just bought a 2019 crossrunner and I am trying to fit a top box rack in order to carry my Givi Monkey box.

I have purchased a Givi SR1139 rear rack, however, when I have tried to fit it it appears as if the fitment holes are a few mil out meaning the bolts will not quite align, and I do not want to force it in case I strip the threads.....needless to say I am not a happy bunny and the rack will be going back.

What I want to know is what racks do you guys who already own Crossrunners recommend?

Do S.W. Motech do arms to fit the bike, or any other suggestions please, not happy with the Givi rack.

Thanks for reading  :001:
I have the OEM rear carrier bracket, which came with the bike. I bolted a Givi adaptor plate directly to it, and all is well. Monokey box securely attached for the last three years.  :028:
Current: BMW R1200RS, 2003 Yamaha TDM900
Past: Honda CLR125, Honda CB500, Triumph Sprint Sport, Honda VFR750FS, Suzuki DRZ400SM, 2001 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, 2015 Honda VFR800X

"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube" - HST

Offline Longtail

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 08:55:12 PM
Thanks V8guy, looks as if I may have to take that route, more money, but Hey!  :138:

Offline Longtail

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 08:00:39 PM
Tracked down the SW Motech arms and plate and I even able to use the adapter plate from my Crosstourer.....all fitted and life is good.   :046: