Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Hello  (Read 245 times)

Offline Willievfr

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: 11 crossrunner
  • City / Town: Inverness
Hello
on: August 19, 2019, 09:28:19 PM
Hi from Inverness,
I have had the Xrunner  for 2 weeks now, still getting to grips with it. Traded in a blackbird which I had for 8years, great bike, felt like a change, lighter & slower!! had a 2001 vfr before that, which I really liked. It's looking a bit dirty, got caught in a 60 mile shower yesterday, seems to rain every time I take it out. Did a wee run to Edinburgh last week, managed to do 206 miles before the rapid flashing indicator made me stop for juice, took 18 litres, think I could have managed another 20 miles to Perth, was trying out on a run without the VTEC coming in just to see what I could get out of it as the wee runs previous had put some doubts in my mind. It came with the power bronze screen with a deflecter mounted, I have removed it as I was getting a vibration at speed, not tried it since removed though, will update if improved, cheers

Online Si Click

• Crossrunner Pro
  • Bike: Honda VFR 800 X
Re: Hello
Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 10:18:28 PM
Welcome Willie!  Lovely part of the world you live in.
Best Regards Dave
2011 Honda Crossrunner
1955 Triumph TR2
1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 ES

Offline Skids

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2015 800X
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 06:23:21 AM
*Originally Posted by Willievfr [+]
Hi from Inverness,
I have had the Xrunner  for 2 weeks now, still getting to grips with it. Traded in a blackbird which I had for 8years, great bike, felt like a change, lighter & slower!! had a 2001 vfr before that, which I really liked. It's looking a bit dirty, got caught in a 60 mile shower yesterday, seems to rain every time I take it out. Did a wee run to Edinburgh last week, managed to do 206 miles before the rapid flashing indicator made me stop for juice, took 18 litres, think I could have managed another 20 miles to Perth, was trying out on a run without the VTEC coming in just to see what I could get out of it as the wee runs previous had put some doubts in my mind. It came with the power bronze screen with a deflecter mounted, I have removed it as I was getting a vibration at speed, not tried it since removed though, will update if improved, cheers

Welcome.  :031:

I'm envious of your local roads!

Is the pink one your spare?  :008:
1 VFR simply isnt enough! Crossrunner for commuting, VFR1200F for summer fun.

Offline reasty

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: CR-750fj
  • City / Town: Croydon
Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 09:21:43 PM
 :400:

Offline Haddo

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 15CX
Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 12:30:56 AM
 :031: I usually get bored with a bike after a couple of years & move on. But not this one! Seems the more I travell the more I like it & can't think of any replacement to justify changing, anything in its class that could be regarded as a upgrade. I've got a Givi Airflow screen that I have removed the top section for shorter runs & only use the top as a bug stopper on longer trips due to buffering. Haven't been across the WA border yet but soon. West Qld, NT, & north SA never had a problem making fuel stops. Thats not racing but not holding back either. Enjoy.

* Recent Topics

topic HELP ! Luggage kit info.
[Accessories and Products]
GeoffTheChef
September 13, 2019, 08:57:43 PM
topic BEST HANDGUARDS ?
[Accessories and Products]
voodoo
September 12, 2019, 07:00:10 AM
topic Hello from Manchester !
[New Members]
voodoo