Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: TIPS ON SETTINGS ?  (Read 2317 times)

Offline BasilBrush

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Boo
  • Bike: Crossrunner
  • City / Town: Staffordshire
Re: TIPS ON SETTINGS ?
Reply #10 on: May 21, 2020, 09:32:42 PM
My Crossrunner is 2016 36/42 tyre pressures according to the book. I do notice the front does chatter a bit on uneven roads.....
MBT

Online Skids

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2018 800X
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Reply #11 on: May 22, 2020, 07:44:40 AM
*Originally Posted by BasilBrush [+]
My Crossrunner is 2016 36/42 tyre pressures according to the book. I do notice the front does chatter a bit on uneven roads.....

Arguably the best thing you can do to a VFR, of any model I think, is spend some money on the suspension, especially if you enjoy spirited riding and/or pillion riding.

The issue may also be in the settings, but as I am a complete numpty when it comes to suspension adjustment, I'll leave that to those who know, who I'm sure will be along shortly.
1 VFR simply isnt enough! Crossrunner for commuting, VFR1200F for summer fun.

Offline apscurrah

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: 2015
  • City / Town: Gosford
Reply #12 on: May 23, 2020, 12:41:44 AM
*Originally Posted by Skids [+]
Arguably the best thing you can do to a VFR, of any model I think, is spend some money on the suspension.
Couldn’t agree more! I’ve fiddled and achieved much better handling without (yet) resorting to aftermarket bits. Biggest improvement so far was changing fork oil to 5W as there is no compression damping adjustment. This eased the harshness considerably without sacrificing rebound control as there is enough adjustment available to compensate. I have the fork pre-load wound right up too. I feel it could benefit from progressive springs and maybe re-valving but will take it to a guru when the budget allows for that  :001:

recent