Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: CONFUSED ... Can u help ?  (Read 1969 times)

Offline GeoffTheChef

• Crossrunner Member
  • City / Town: Manchester
CONFUSED ... Can u help ?
on: September 22, 2019, 09:37:10 PM
Just got my new CR yesterday. NEW so 2019 model ( same as 2017, no changes since)
I see it has 3 grills... one large lower square, one narrower one above it just under the yoke, and one just under and behind the front beak or cowl.
What is each one...I',m assuming the large one below is the radiator.

Geoff

Offline Lars

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: RC 80 - 2015
Re: CONFUSED ... Can u help ?
Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 06:04:12 AM
Hello Goeff,

the lower one is the lower part of the normal radiator but has a blower mounted behind it to support cooling when things get too hot, the middle one is the upper part of the radiator without a fan/blower and the small one under/in the beak is an oil cooler / heat exchanger. Be careful when cleaning the ribs easily bend.
As you have got a new brand new bike just a bit of advice, the CR or any VFR really does not like running cold, so make sure your engine is warmed up properly before revving up the engine. Also check your engine oil level regularly it might use quite a bit while its being run in. If it doesn't use any, be happy and if so don't be alarmed.
have fun and ride safe !

Lars

Offline matt28

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: VFR800X
  • City / Town: Kent
Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 08:19:23 AM
As Lars said, CR has 3 different radiators.
Make sure that oil cooler radiator and coolant radiator definitely have guards installed, as several people had to replace them due to accidental damage (small stones, etc.)

Offline GeoffTheChef

• Crossrunner Member
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 08:35:31 PM
Thanks for info...
And yes Lars you are right in that they like to run warm, fan kicks in but not an issue in my experience.
I've had the CrossTOURER VFR1200x for past 6years, and so familiar with the VFR and V4.
Never had to top up oil at all so hope the CR gores the same way.

Geoff