Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: Alternator power available for accessories  (Read 70 times)

Offline CBM

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2017 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: NW London
Alternator power available for accessories
on: September 27, 2019, 01:12:06 AM
Would anyone know what draw there is on the 427w that the Crossrunner alternator puts out when the bike is used as standard/without any accessories?
Reason for asking is that I've got a Gerbings heated jacket & gloves that I use to use on my Pan European and will use again this winter hopefully. They draw a max. of 109w but only if both on full power which hasn't even been necessary tbh.

Offline Skids

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: 2015 800X
  • City / Town: Hitchin
Re: Alternator power available for accessories
Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 09:51:25 AM
*Originally Posted by CBM [+]
Would anyone know what draw there is on the 427w that the Crossrunner alternator puts out when the bike is used as standard/without any accessories?
Reason for asking is that I've got a Gerbings heated jacket & gloves that I use to use on my Pan European and will use again this winter hopefully. They draw a max. of 109w but only if both on full power which hasn't even been necessary tbh.

I can't answer your specific question, but I've been running a heated jacket for the last 3 winters alongside heated grips with no issues whatsoever. The jacket is wired direct to the battery which is fine as long as I don't turn the engine off for long whilst leaving the jacket still heating. It makes for a much simpler installation/setup but you may wish to wire direct to an existing feed.
1 VFR simply isnt enough! Crossrunner for commuting, VFR1200F for summer fun.

Offline CBM

• Crossrunner Member
  • Bike: 2017 Crossrunner
  • City / Town: NW London
Re: Alternator power available for accessories
Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 10:02:22 AM
Good to know, thanks Skids   :028: