Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] [NO] [MY] Topic: seat  (Read 2857 times)

Offline dave

• Crossrunner Junior
  • Bike: xrunner 2011
  • City / Town: liverpool
seat
on: September 28, 2019, 09:00:00 AM
hi,just wondering if anyone is having issues with the seat and the way it clips to the tank,mines a 2011 model and as soon as you sit on the bike the seat unclips from the tank and sticks out at the front which is really annoying ,is there any way to stop this from happening besides replacing the seat.It came with a bagster tank cover and tank bag which i have removed and think this may have something to do with it cheers Dave

Offline Si Click

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Honda VFR 800 X
Re: seat
Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 09:51:52 AM
The securing system at the front is not very positive.  I have replaced my original seat (not for this reason), but my original occasionally needed took a couple of attempts to get the "horns" properly secured.

If it will not fix properly at all then something is not right.  Is the seat damaged or worn at the front?
Best Regards Dave
2011 Honda Crossrunner
1955 Triumph TR2
1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 ES

Offline dave

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 12:47:17 PM
tbh it looks worn was going to try to extend the locating lugs with a bit of plastic welding

Offline gatesy

• Crossrunner Member
  • Tyres down saddle up!
  • Bike: crossrunner
  • City / Town: Le Bosc Renoult
Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 06:50:42 PM
2011 x
My seat is usually difficult to locate fully. I partially cured this with a regular application of Vaseline to the bearing bits of black rubber, then a sharp thump on the back to fully engage. I have from time to time had the help of the BSPP to hold the 'ears' in position when locating, but not really practical if away from base. Generally now considered to be the worst bit if design on the whole bike.
If yours is popping out when you sit on it after fitting it sounds like it is not going all the way forward. If possible try and compare with another early bike including a temporary swap, as they may have altered the locations details in the light of experience and on the quiet.
That's all I can suggest.

If your up this way call in.

Regards

John
Tel; 02 33 35 85 84 for TLC if in trouble or even in the area.
Code postale; 61470

Offline dave

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 05:22:56 PM
locating the seat to enage the lock isnt a problem i reckon its just worn so will try a cure in the near future will let you know how it goes thanks for the replies much appreciated

Offline Si Click

• Crossrunner Master
  • Bike: Honda VFR 800 X
Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 06:31:18 PM
If it is worn then you are probably better off replacing it.  You might find a decent base with torn seating cheaply at a scrapyard; then get it recovered by someone like Tony Archer or Top Sellerie.  Tony Archer did my last VFR800 FiX seat and I have a Top Sellerie on my current 800X (piccie).  Both have been excellent.
Best Regards Dave
2011 Honda Crossrunner
1955 Triumph TR2
1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 ES

Offline dave

• Crossrunner Junior
Reply #6 on: November 15, 2019, 08:42:43 AM
quick update ,i used a hot knife to spread the lugs out a bit on the seat and now it clips in positively and stays in place when you ride it which is good as it doesnt annoy me anymore